IGNORED

Shooting From Half Way...

Guest keith's tache

Guest keith's tache

Are there any other City fans who miss that shooting from the half way line competition we used to have at half time down the Gate?

There was nothing funnier than watching a fat man in a baseball cap slicing the ball into the Dolman and falling over.

Bring it back!

Guest keith's tache

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about the hitting the bar one. Both were hilarious and it'd be great to see it again, especially on a soggy pitch.

Imagine doing it infront of 35,000 fans at the millennium!

They used to get fans to try and score from the half way line without the ball bouncing i think.

Incredibly funny.

Lets start a campaign to bring it back! Meanwhile, if you want to see a fat bloke in a baseball cap slice a ball into the dolman and then fall over, do you know about the forum match? :huh::clap::P:clap::clap::clap:

They used to get fans to try and score from the half way line without the ball bouncing i think.

Incredibly funny.

Lets start a campaign to bring it back! Meanwhile, if you want to see a fat bloke in a baseball cap slice a ball into the dolman and then fall over, do you know about the forum match? :huh::clap::P:clap::clap::clap:

Haha top stuff. Not totally true though, i mean your not fat :P

Guest keith's tache

Yeah, we definitely need to get it reinstated!

After they fell over they'd quite often flash their beer gut to the Atyeo as if it would make them look better!

Who would actually volunteer to do it? Was there some sort of prize?

Ha, does anyone remember that kid (must have been only 10!) who took a penalty at half time against the rovers, think it was a night match about8 years ago, He scored then went up to 2,000 rovers fans in the East End and starting to give em a rude sign, the funniest thing ive ever seen!

(Big Red Rich @ May 26 2004, 01:07 PM)

Incredibly funny.

Lets start a campaign to bring it back! Meanwhile, if you want to see a fat bloke in a baseball cap slice a ball into the dolman and then fall over, do you know about the forum match?     

Haha top stuff. Not totally true though, i mean your not fat 

My word, TFE paying me a compliment, well sort of! I take it you heard ive slimmed from 17st to 15st in 3 months and still going?!

Back on to the subject, I'm sure the prize was a cold pie from the kiosk??

Ha, does anyone remember that kid (must have been only 10!) who took a penalty at half time against the rovers, think it was a night match about8 years ago, He scored then went up to 2,000 rovers fans in the East End and starting to give em a rude sign, the funniest thing ive ever seen!

I remember that game, Gas away when Phillips saved the last minute penalty.

The young lad had to hit the post if I remember and it got further and further out. He won and ran in front of the blackthorn end baiting the rovers fans !!

Great stuff !! :clap:

Archived