IGNORED

Mark Robins

Sampson City Reds

A nice guy won't get us anywhere. We need a lairy, immoral, preferably Scotish manager to bring this club back. Someone who thrives on winning and detests failure. Someone with a shred of passion.

One of the best things anyone's written this season....

I would be extremely disappointed if we got Mark Robins as our new manager. Got Barnsley playing god football but thats Barnsley and success for Barnsley long term is staying up. Ours is short term but long term it's higher than that, yes we have better resources but if we were going to take a 'higher risk' manager then I'd choose McInnes simply because he's unknown at this level.

SL may very well be a fan but i hope that is as far as the connection goes.

Robins' lack of experience and success compared to some, imo, would not make him the ideal candidate.

Like many others i also get the feeling he is not commanding enough, perhaps not quite old enough, to garner relatively immediate respect from the players and that is essential.

I would certainly put McInnes, Jones and Davies ahead of him if it were my list.

Perhaps some fans should look at our League position, attendances, and finances if SL stops chucking money at us. Of the candidates so far, Robins, McInnes or Jones seem OK, most of the time it's just a case of finding the right man at the right time, as Johnson was, and Pulis and Dennis Smith weren't. Just keep an open mind, there is no magic formula to picking the right manager other than avoid serial failures like Laws and Ince!

SL may very well be a fan but i hope that is as far as the connection goes.

Robins' lack of experience and success compared to some, imo, would not make him the ideal candidate.

Like many others i also get the feeling he is not commanding enough, perhaps not quite old enough, to garner relatively immediate respect from the players and that is essential.

Apart from Barnsley, he managed Rotherham. Picked them up at the bottom of the table, 13 points adrift and took them up to 6th before a slight fade. Second season there they almost went up despite a 17 point deduction. 42% win ratio. Brought in Adam Le Fondre who got 54 goals for them - and scored against us last week!

If you want an escapologist, he's got form!

Apart from Barnsley, he managed Rotherham. Picked them up at the bottom of the table, 13 points adrift and took them up to 6th before a slight fade. Second season there they almost went up despite a 17 point deduction. 42% win ratio. Brought in Adam Le Fondre who got 54 goals for them - and scored against us last week!

If you want an escapologist, he's got form!

Decent manager I reckon.

Considering we have limited resources right now, he is exactly the kind of guy we can afford and need.

Archived