IGNORED

No Clear Out Of The Coaching Staff According To Cs

Ashton Great

In today's EP, Colin says that there won't be a clear out of the existing coaching staff and that the new man will basically have to work with the existing set up.

My heart sank when I read this, it seems the jobs for the boys culture will continue at AG when it is patently obvious that a clear out is required from top to bottom. How can we expect the new man to get any more out of the players if the coaching stays the same as it has been for years?

I feel so depressed about the lack of ambition surrounding the club at the moment, too many people have had it too easy for too long and it seems like this will be allowed to continue.

In today's EP, Colin says that there won't be a clear out of the existing coaching staff and that the new man will basically have to work with the existing set up.

My heart sank when I read this, it seems the jobs for the boys culture will continue at AG when it is patently obvious that a clear out is required from top to bottom. How can we expect the new man to get any more out of the players if the coaching stays the same as it has been for years?

I feel so depressed about the lack of ambition surrounding the club at the moment, too many people have had it too easy for too long and it seems like this will be allowed to continue.

This alone will put off many applicants.

In all honesty the way this club is run is the reason it's where it is, there is only so much a manager can do and let's face it if they brought in a big name manager then why would he stay when the staff are not up to the standard?

If Martin O'Niell took over for example, do the board really think they would know better who needs to stay in the staff than him?

I think if we bring in a manager with a big name then he needs to be allowed to make the changes he needs to, just look at Alex Ferguson, when he started at Man Utd there was a point that the fans were calling for his head but given time and more freedom to build his team and staff he turned an average club into the most successful club in English football. It just goes to show the difference it can make when you have a good manager who is allowed to work his magic, unfortunately our Board seem to think that a manager is the same as a player, stick him in with little control and let him do what he can.

They are just as part of the problem as millen was, should all have gone with Gary J

Totally agree.

I can't see how you can bind a new manager not to get rid of staff he doesn't think are up to the job? That's only a step away from telling him who to have in the team.

I heard the interview on radio, and to be honest he didnt actually say that there would be no clearout, he said they would prefer to keep some of the staff, and if the new manager had one or two people to bring in they would consider it...which is a bit different slant on the EP version.

The post have again taken a comment by sexstone out of contex,

Colin said he would hope any apllicant will work with the current coaching set up but didn't rule out changing it,

Any new man will come in and assess the current set up and make requests to the board will then change it,

They won't change until a new man is in and they wouldnt change it just because keef has gone,

It will take time to implement any changes

Colin said he would hope any apllicant will work with the current coaching set up but didn't rule out changing it,

Any new man will come in and assess the current set up and make requests to the board will then change it,

They won't change until a new man is in and they wouldnt change it just because keef has gone,

How the bloody hell is it out of context, just read it properly. The Whole quote is there, this bit especially

"That won't be the case with us, but if the man we decide is right for us wants to bring in another person, or maybe more, then, we'd have a look at it."

I heard the interview on radio, and to be honest he didnt actually say that there would be no clearout, he said they would prefer to keep some of the staff, and if the new manager had one or two people to bring in they would consider it...which is a bit different slant on the EP version.

I listened to the radio interview too and i got the impression that the new man would not be able to sweep away the deadwood that is choking our club. Colin gave the impression that the new manager may be able to bring in one or two only. I fear the problem lies beyond one or two changes although that would be a start to be fair.

Well that's fair enough. Evolution rather than revolution. I'm sure any manager we bring in worth his salt will recognise the weaknesses in our coaching set-up.

The way I see it is you do not mention the backroom staff if you're open to removing them. When you sell a job you don't say:

"Good hours, high pay, we'd prefer you to work with incompetent employees"

you say:

"Good hours, high pay, we're open for discussion on further aspects of the job".

To me if you're applying for a job you want to impress the job and what better way to do that than by giving them what they want (to work with the current staff).

Bristol City backroom staff are not particularly well paid. Any recruitment would have to be conducted on a tight budget.

Any new manager unless the budget has been significantly altered can expect to be dealing with financial resources that are receding not increasing.

The lack of ambition has led to twenty million pound plus loss in three seasons footed by Steve Lansdown. The club financially is nigh on bankrupt without Steve Lansdown bailing it out.

Any new manager should be expected to get more out of the players via managerial acumen and selling and recruiting, not by increasing the clubs expenditure.

This alone will put off many applicants.

Agreed.

Half the problem with this club is the coaching and scouting set up. Has been for years.

We need a complete clear out. Walsh, Naylor, Clayton the lot of um. Add Wigley and Owers too.

Hopefully Tisdale will come on board and will bring in Steve Perryman, Rob Edwards, Marcus Stewart and Andy Tilson to replace the above.

I would hope that the board would agree to whoever they picked to be manager would be allowed to bring his own assistant with him who along with being able to trust and work with him had a strong defensive organisational skill as it is obious to everyone directors, players and supporters this is the area we must improve on quickly if we are to get out of the position we find ourselves in. Spending money now will save us from relegation thats what the board must address.

Sorry it looks to me at present as though Millen is the total fall guy???

Whilst he undoubtably contributed in some part to his own demise I cannot believe that are not others in our "so called" management team who have not also played their parts in us being where we are today ie Bottom? So personally I think that either Sex Toy and his cronies think that by getting rid of KM that they have cured the problem OR yet again finance or a lack of it is rearing its head in the day to day affairs of BCFC whereby they have not budgeted on a total clear out which is clearly needed.

My other worry is also the "calibre" of manager that we will employ "if" they are not allowed to bring their own, hand picked backroom lieutenants???? Basically that will probably restrict us to the Billy No Mates of this world and all we will be continuing is the so called "Old Boys Club" at Ashton which is probably one of the main problems?

KM has to a certain extent been hung out to dry, but, unless there is a clear out top to bottom of the playing management I fear that his sacrifice will be nothing than a publicity seeking stunt by Sex Toy being used as SL's mouthpiece to try and appease the masses who keep them in a job.

Instead of taxi for Keith lets make it a mini bus for the rest of "his" coaching staff as well?

Archived