IGNORED

For Me, The New Manager Must Be...

SimplyRed

1. Very experienced, having SUCCESSFULLY managed at least at Championship level
  2. Firm and assured handling of coaching staff and players
  3. Well-known and respected within football and a full contacts book
  4. Not averse to getting young Premier League fringe players on loan to boost our squad
  5. A sound defensive tactician and a philosophy based on the passing game
  6. Someone who has a good track history in the transfer market and can improve our scouting network for up and coming youngsters - and play them!

Perhaps the dream ticket and, maybe, even stating the obvious, but if our board can't tick the majority of these boxes, most fans will be disappointed.

On the OS, Colin Sexstone called on the fans to support their decision, whatever it is, but I think that is rather naive. The fans will only rally if they feel the board's made the right decision. This is the tightrope the board is walking and they should consider the decision very carefully.

1. Don't see why he has to be "very" experienced. A lot of managers burn out. Why not get a young un?

2. Fairly standard attribute.

3. Don't see why he has to be well-known. Doesn't guarantee respect.

4. Who would be averse?

5. Yeah OK.

6. Fair enough.

I think your profile would rule out the Scottish chap, who's my favourite at the mo. (Should learn his name.)

1. Don't see why he has to be "very" experienced. A lot of managers burn out. Why not get a young un?

2. Fairly standard attribute.

3. Don't see why he has to be well-known. Doesn't guarantee respect.

4. Who would be averse?

5. Yeah OK.

6. Fair enough.

I think your profile would rule out the Scottish chap, who's my favourite at the mo. (Should learn his name.)

Martin McGinness apparently.

4. Not averse to getting young Premier League fringe players on loan to boost our squad
  6. Someone who has a good track history in the transfer market and can improve our scouting network for up and coming youngsters - and play them!

Perhaps the dream ticket and, maybe, even stating the obvious, but if our board can't tick the majority of these boxes, most fans will be disappointed.

On the OS, Colin Sexstone called on the fans to support their decision, whatever it is, but I think that is rather naive. The fans will only rally if they feel the board's made the right decision. This is the tightrope the board is walking and they should consider the decision very carefully.

i sincerely hope that by saying that he did not mean to drop a hint that we might, initially, be underwhelmed.

I would be underwhelmed with Robins and McClaren for starters.

How about an upwardly mobile manager with something to prove? The last time we went and got one of those we got promoted and almost got to the Premier League.

Maybe John Ward could've been described in a similar way and whilst ultimately being out of his depth, he also successfully got us up.

All this 'experience' and 'well known' stuff guarantees you nothing. Mostly agree with the other stuff, but stating the obvious a little.

So........Wenger, Jose, Sir Alex, Redknapp or worst case Moyes?

think all clubs want those specs for a manager, I'd take 4 out of the 6 if anything,

plus I'd personally have a manager on the way up, rather than an old hat looking for another payday

which rules out Jones, Billy Davies & Co.

The likes of McInnes, Ince, Tisdale for me.

But unless you can coax one of the existing Championship or lower prem Managers away from their jobs, doesn't that criteria mean that you are looking for someone who has failed or been sacked from a job aren't you? How can this be reconciled if they are so suitable to the job?

Archived