IGNORED

Interview Questions

solo1bc

Haven't posted in ages so hullo all...

I run a small business and was thinking about what the interview process must be like for a new manager? Do you think it's open ended i.e. 'what's your vision for our football club' or are there some standard interview type questions (what are your weak/strong points etc?)

Interviewing in my experience is a tricky business and I've tried all sorts of different tactics to pick the right candidate so for something like this where people's performance records are pretty much in the the public domain I wonder how it goes.

A few questions I'd want asked based on our current situation anyway:

• Have you analysed our current squad? Where are we weak and what are your plans to strengthen that area (other than new signings)
  • What's your approach to the way the game is played? Sexy football or winning football (or both!)
  • How do you approach squad discipline and player relations? Arm around the shoulder or kick up the arse?!
  • What's your contact network like? How do you source new players and what's your scouting process before approaching the chairman for money?
  • How are you going to move this squad up the table considering there isn't much time before we're REALLY in a hole?

Interesting cos a lot of the stuff you'd ask is already well known in most cases so what other questions would you want asked?

I was thinking about this the other day when zola was mentioned. I was bearing in mind that he was foreign and not managed in the championship before so id be asking him questions on what he knows about the championship.

I would ask him to name a defender, midfielder and striker at each championship club.

I suspect they pretty much ask him is vision and style of play. Then if the board like it then they probably start discusing budgets etc.

Where did you see the job advertised?

Do you have any outstanding holiday?

Do you have a problem working weekends or bank-holidays?

Have you ever worked in a call centre before?

Can you do Magic?

Who let the dog's out?

Who killed JR?

What is a 'Snooki'?

What time is it? (if answer is "Hammer Time!' they should be hired on the spot)

Is 4-5-1- the new 4-4-2-?

What colour does a smurf go if you choke it?

Why do pizza's come in square boxes when they are round?

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

If your right back is injured, do you replace him with a) your reserve right back, b) your other reserve right back, c) the right back no ones seen since early last season or d) a central midfielder?

Archived