IGNORED

Memories...

boadle

Browsing through the forum in advance of Sunday has brought back a load of memories of when I used to be a regular attendee to the gate (before I came to live in Ireland). These include:

My first game, we beat Blackburn 4-2. Quite possibly the most exciting game of football I have ever seen (partly because it was my first 'proper' game). Circa 1990?

Seeing an oppossing player being sent of for a very bad tackle, and a japester City fan hitting him with a snowball during his long walk. How we all laughed at his fury.

I think in the same match, the fans went to help clear the snow off the pitch before kick-off.

The 100 sprint competition the division held. I think Junior Bent came 2nd or something.

Seeing Dynamo someone in that wierd cup, or was it a friendly?

Seeing (Pyscho) Glenn Humphreys and his opposing Plymouth midfielder tussling, pushing, shoving and get quite aggressive entirely OFF the ball.

Queuing in the chipper down the road, watching Saint and Greavsie.

I remember saving my lunch money during the week so I could afford the bus fare and ticket to the gate AND a programme. Happy days.

That's enough for now. I feel sad and old.

Lewis

www.boadle.com

Guest blackspot

Don't get me started on memories. remember Coventry 1977? There's only one Donnie Gillies - and definitely only one Gerry Gow. Usual fiasco with the coaches - didn't arrive until half time but saw our goals. fan bleedin tastic.

then there was wembley 86, Liverpool etc. etc

Archived