IGNORED

Saturday 15Th October 2011

hooered

The game against Peterborough United has now become the most important game this season and may even be more important than the play off final day against Hull City what seems like many years ago. We all have our ideas on who would be the best manager for the club but I for one will be doing my 240 mile trip to support the club and get behind the team in this MUST WIN game. The club have already said it will make it a quid-a-kid but I say lets go further and make it a RED & WHITE DAY, bring out the banners and show the team, the directors box and the club that we do care about our club. Supporting the club with a loud and clear voice and raising the roof that we the supporters can and do have ambition by filling the ground, by being the extra man and giving the team the confidence to give us the first home win we all are desperate for.

The game against Peterborough United has now become the most important game this season and may even be more important than the play off final day against Hull City what seems like many years ago.

Its the start of a new era if we can get a new manager in before the game, but I can't see how it could ever come close to a PO Final in terms of overall importance.

Whatever the result of the game we'll still be in the Championship with plenty of time to address our league position.

Its the start of a new era if we can get a new manager in before the game, but I can't see how it could ever come close to a PO Final in terms of overall importance.

Whatever the result of the game we'll still be in the Championship with plenty of time to address our league position.

Exactly. The game against Hull was massive, the biggest single game in our history bar none IMO.

Massive over exaggeration to say its bigger than that!

Exactly. The game against Hull was massive, the biggest single game in our history bar none IMO.

Massive over exaggeration to say its bigger than that!

Agree. I wouldn't even class it as a must win game. Just another "hope we win game". To mantion it in the same breath as the Hull PO final is laughable!

Hugely unfair on a new manager to start banding the term "must win" about. Certainly for the first few games whilst he is settling in.

Having said that, well done to the OP for trying to drum up some positive backing from the fans!

<br />Exactly. The game against Hull was massive, the biggest single game in our history bar none IMO.<br /><br />Massive over exaggeration to say its bigger than that!<br />

Amazing reply! Only this forum could people be so needlessly pedantic.

Couldn't give a **** about the Hull game and sharing wembley with 20,000 armchair city fans.

THIS GAME IS MASSIVE. THIS IS WHEN I WANT TO STAND SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH CITY FANS WHO WILL FACE THIS ADVERSITY WITH ME. WHEN IT IS DIFFICULT AND NOT EASY, LIKE WEMBLEY, DO I TRULY KNOW THAT THE CITY FAN NEXT TO ME, IS TRULY A CITY FAN.

IF EVER THERE WAS A TIME TO SPEND THE £20 AND SUPPORT THE CLUB, THIS IS IT! THIS IS WHERE THE CHANGE HAS TO START. NOT JUST ON THE FIELD AND IN THE BOARDROOM, BUT IN THE STANDS AND PUBS. THIS IS WHERE WE SUPPORT THE CLUB THAT ON OCCASION SO MANY OF US SO VEHEMENTLY CLASS AS 'OUR OWN'. THIS IS WHEN THE ONE THING YOU CAN DO AS A FAN, THE ONE THING YOU CLAIM YOU'LL DO UNTIL YOU DIE, THE ONE THING THAT YOU HAVE DONE SINCE YOU WERE A KID, YOU DO IT NOW AND COME THE 15TH, YOU DO IT WITH MORE PASSION THAN EVER.

CHANGE HAS COME. I DON'T KNOW WHO'LL THE NEXT MANAGER WILL BE, BUT THE CHANGE MANY OF US CRIED OUT FOR HAS COME AND NOW WE MUST DO OUR BIT IN RETURN.

WE SUPPORT THIS CLUB AND THE NEW MANAGER WITH MORE PASSION THAN EVER, WE SHOW THIS DIVISION THAT WE ARE HERE TO STAY AND WE START THE FIGHT BACK ON THE 15TH!!!!

WHO'S WITH ME?

Couldn't give a **** about the Hull game and sharing wembley with 20,000 armchair city fans.

THIS GAME IS MASSIVE. THIS IS WHEN I WANT TO STAND SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH CITY FANS WHO WILL FACE THIS ADVERSITY WITH ME. WHEN IT IS DIFFICULT AND NOT EASY, LIKE WEMBLEY, DO I TRULY KNOW THAT THE CITY FAN NEXT TO ME, IS TRULY A CITY FAN.

IF EVER THERE WAS A TIME TO SPEND THE £20 AND SUPPORT THE CLUB, THIS IS IT! THIS IS WHERE THE CHANGE HAS TO START. NOT JUST ON THE FIELD AND IN THE BOARDROOM, BUT IN THE STANDS AND PUBS. THIS IS WHERE WE SUPPORT THE CLUB THAT ON OCCASION SO MANY OF US SO VEHEMENTLY CLASS AS 'OUR OWN'. THIS IS WHEN THE ONE THING YOU CAN DO AS A FAN, THE ONE THING YOU CLAIM YOU'LL DO UNTIL YOU DIE, THE ONE THING THAT YOU HAVE DONE SINCE YOU WERE A KID, YOU DO IT NOW AND COME THE 15TH, YOU DO IT WITH MORE PASSION THAN EVER.

CHANGE HAS COME. I DON'T KNOW WHO'LL THE NEXT MANAGER WILL BE, BUT THE CHANGE MANY OF US CRIED OUT FOR HAS COME AND NOW WE MUST DO OUR BIT IN RETURN.

WE SUPPORT THIS CLUB AND THE NEW MANAGER WITH MORE PASSION THAN EVER, WE SHOW THIS DIVISION THAT WE ARE HERE TO STAY AND WE START THE FIGHT BACK ON THE 15TH!!!!

WHO'S WITH ME?

Attach too much importance to one game and everyone comes under more pressure.

Give the new manager time, give the players time.

It doesn't need a Winston Churchill-type speech.

<br />Attach too much importance to one game and everyone comes under more pressure.<br /><br />Give the new manager time, give the players time.<br /><br />It doesn't need a Winston Churchill-type speech.<br />

It's not about the team or the performance or the result. This will change in time.

I think in respect of us, this game is massive. Do we start to support the club now or not.

As Tom's signature used to say, 'If not you than who? If not now then when?'

When do you suggest we pull together as one and show some passionate support? What Millen/poor football related excuse do we want to trot out for not turning up the 15th?

When do we start?

Attach too much importance to one game and everyone comes under more pressure.

Give the new manager time, give the players time.

It doesn't need a Winston Churchill-type speech.

Are we to take that you believe that the game after we have been given a 5-0 beating, a game where we now sit at the bottom of the division, a game that if we lose we will be even further adrift from safety. a game when the club has ask every supporter to get behind the team, is not important enough wake up we are under presuure already. We must help them turn this around now before you know it another 10 games have gone by, its not panic stations yet but supporting the club when they ask for it is the mark of a true supporter.

<br />A comment which shows you're either a liar or not a City fan.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not really. Just an honest opion. I'd love to City go up and was gutted when we didn't. But i'm not going to pretend that it was the best day out ever and i just loved being sat next to strangers who genuinely had no real interest in City, in a ground that i thought was actully quite poor.

I know it's the modern game and scenarios like this will only get worse if we become more successful. But if you really want an honest opinion, i got more satisfaction from the company i shared at Belle Vue on our last visit, than what i did at Wembley.

In terms of money, of course it is the biggest game in our history. It doesn't mean i particularlly enjoyed the experience.

WHO'S WITH ME?

<br />A comment which shows you're either a liar or not a City fan.<br />

To put it another way then, how much value do you place on the Hull game right now? Anymore than the cup final of 1909?

The most important thing to me now is the 15th and in the respect, no i really couldn't give a fork about the Hull game. We were lucky to enjoy it then and now it's just a memory.

<br />play up Bristol, Bristol play up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still finding it hard to come to terms with the Reading game.<br />

Me too, but the manager has gone, change is coming and we have to get over this and start again some time.

May as well be the 15th!

<br /><br /><br />

Not really. Just an honest opion. I'd love to City go up and was gutted when we didn't. But i'm not going to pretend that it was the best day out ever and i just loved being sat next to strangers who genuinely had no real interest in City, in a ground that i thought was actully quite poor.

I know it's the modern game and scenarios like this will only get worse if we become more successful. But if you really want an honest opinion, i got more satisfaction from the company i shared at Belle Vue on our last visit, than what i did at Wembley.

In terms of money, of course it is the biggest game in our history. It doesn't mean i particularlly enjoyed the experience.

I can understand that but you said you didn't give a **** about the Hull game which was clearly not true! Losing that game broke me, as I'm sure it did many true fans.

Archived