IGNORED

Driving To Newport?

WesM

Somebody somewhere suggested driving to Newport, parking and getting the Newport/Cardiff shuttle. Parking in Newport shouldn't be too difficult seeing as it's a sunday, trains are frequent and quick. Starting to consider it as an option.

Depart 09:17 10:29 10:40 10:48 11:01

Arrive 09:33 10:43 10:59 11:04 11:15

Changes 0 0 0 0 0

Duration 0:16 0:14 0:19 0:16 0:14

I went to the Challenge Cup Final the other weekend, whilst queues for trains were massive, they do run services to Newport only which were empty.

This almost guarantees a quick getaway, beat the traffic out of cardiff onto the M4 and home.

It sounds too good to be true??

Guest newport red

there is a lot of free parking on sunday near newpot train station where the shops r so at least you wont have to pay for parking

Guest blackspot

Tried it before - quite a good idea but take everything relating to City off the car as the thieving welsh baastards will think it's their lucky day. Saw one car that looked like half of Newport had been at it :sub:

Guest torquay red
Tried it before - quite a good idea but take everything relating to City off the car as the thieving welsh baastards will think it's their lucky day. Saw one car that looked like half of Newport had been at it :sub:
was thinking about this,where is the best place to park,is it a dump,can i expect my car to be on bricks when i get back?

Archived