IGNORED

Honesty

red colin

message to steve and colin.

as a fan of many years i would like the board to be honest . If as stated many times we have ambitions to play in the premier league surely the next manager is the biggest cog in the machine, if the board is serious then we need a man who can almost guarantee it possible. with a new stadium edging closer lets be honest and realise that the ONLY way we will fill it is by getting promotion soon. Lets also realise top men like oneil etc are only a pipe dream,so in my mind there are only poss 1 or 2 managers at the moment who can seriously make it a possibility. they have to be proven at championship level not potential or like able but proven, this is not the time for hoping someone will turn out good or lucky , or for someone from scottish football with no knowledge of our leagues or players,but someone with instant finger on the pulse player and championship contacts and proven tactics. so when the likes of robins or mellon or mcinnes are in the picture i feel worried that the club is not serious at all about prem football but are concerned more about finance. to get to the prem you have to get a man who has shown he can do it already and stand back and let him have what he says he needs and back him. other wise be honest and say we really just want to be safe in the championship. in my mind we need a strong manager to clear out the dead wood who is single minded and will keep asking for what is needed player wise. obviously our budget will be discussed on interview and it would be up to him to agree or walk away.

that man is billy davies

as a fan of many years i would like the board to be honest . If as stated many times we have ambitions to play in the premier league surely the next manager is the biggest cog in the machine, if the board is serious then we need a man who can almost guarantee it possible. with a new stadium edging closer lets be honest and realise that the ONLY way we will fill it is by getting promotion soon. Lets also realise top men like oneil etc are only a pipe dream,so in my mind there are only poss 1 or 2 managers at the moment who can seriously make it a possibility. they have to be proven at championship level not potential or like able but proven, this is not the time for hoping someone will turn out good or lucky , or for someone from scottish football with no knowledge of our leagues or players,but someone with instant finger on the pulse player and championship contacts and proven tactics. so when the likes of robins or mellon or mcinnes are in the picture i feel worried that the club is not serious at all about prem football but are concerned more about finance. to get to the prem you have to get a man who has shown he can do it already and stand back and let him have what he says he needs and back him. other wise be honest and say we really just want to be safe in the championship. in my mind we need a strong manager to clear out the dead wood who is single minded and will keep asking for what is needed player wise. obviously our budget will be discussed on interview and it would be up to him to agree or walk away.

that man is billy davies

That's the great thing about football, we all have our own opinions...for me, that man is certainly not Billy Davies, let's hope Dave Jones starts very soon!

that man is billy davies

Yet another Jock... :mafia:

you say you want the board to be positive and go for a proven manager yet you say no to mon why.if we want a team to challenge then thats our man imo and we should at least try to get a quality man in

I

I would jump at the chance of oneill but just being realistic, i would go and pick him up myself but billy davies is available and hAS DONE IT

you say you want the board to be positive and go for a proven manager yet you say no to mon why.if we want a team to challenge then thats our man imo and we should at least try to get a quality man in

AGREE IF I THOUGHT HE WOULD COME. but davies is availabl and best out there at the moment

that man is billy davies

100% spot on-I hope SL is looking for a manager,not a yes man.

Billy Davies by a country mile-come on board you now it makes sence.

Billy Davies is your man.

Love this, we are bottom of the Championship, poor squad, relatively low crowds, poor stadium, losing money at an alarming rate, major backer looking to balance books, and their are demands for a manager to get us to the Premier League. Think survival is the first priority. As for dismissing certain candidates, they all seem to be proven at achieving creditable resuilts, playing good football, and without a huge budget, and maybe with a bit of realism, that is what we should be looking for.

Personally, I have serious doubts about Jones and want Davies nowhere near this Club, and not sure with O'Driscoll. Would not touch Zola with a barge-pole. I like the look of McInnes and Robins, they seem to have good credentials to take the Club forward on a realistic budget. No idea of Mellon, is that Mickey Mellon??

Love this, we are bottom of the Championship, poor squad, relatively low crowds, poor stadium, losing money at an alarming rate, major backer looking to balance books, and their are demands for a manager to get us to the Premier League. Think survival is the first priority. As for dismissing certain candidates, they all seem to be proven at achieving creditable resuilts, playing good football, and without a huge budget, and maybe with a bit of realism, that is what we should be looking for.

Personally, I have serious doubts about Jones and want Davies nowhere near this Club, and not sure with O'Driscoll. Would not touch Zola with a barge-pole. I like the look of McInnes and Robins, they seem to have good credentials to take the Club forward on a realistic budget. No idea of Mellon, is that Mickey Mellon??

Correct.

Repect your opinion but the records of Davies and jones,your other hopefuls have

Nothing on the above two.

Repect your opinion but the records of Davies and jones,your other hopefuls have

Nothing on the above two.

Question is what wages they will demand, and whether they will expect a large transfer budget. Davies whinges like **** about cash after wasting millions on strikers, and Jones has no track record of success on a limited budget. I think that may be the issue, whoever comes in will have to work on a realistic budget, with far more emphasis on developing up and coming talent that splashing out millions, hence my reasoning for thinking that McInnes or Robins would be better choices. It's all about opinions, and if I thought SL was going to continue chucking money at City, I would agree, sadly I don't think that will happen.

Remind me again - what's Dave Jones achieved in the Championship with one of the largest wage budgets available to him?

Top end championship football,sadly something city seems to struggle since our first season back.

For the record two or three quality signings,with a well organised manager will see this club finish comfortable.

The problem we have had is the ship had no captain to guide it for some time sadly.

Top end championship football,sadly something city seems to struggle since our first season back.

You think that missing out on promotion with a very large wage budget and some very generous signings several years running is an achievement? I don't.

For the record two or three quality signings,with a well organised manager will see this club finish comfortable.

The problem we have had is the ship had no captain to guide it for some time sadly.

We need to pick the right manager, that means actually making a judgement correctly on his character, intelligence, charisma, knowledge and many other qualities. Not just picking a recognisable name particularly when they have had little recent success.

Archived