IGNORED

"you Can Please Some Of The People......"

Port Said Red

Whether it was PT Barnum or Abraham Lincoln who said "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time", it's a saying that has been paraphrased over time to "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time" and I think the second version of this phrase must be in the back of head of the Chairman and Board currently.

Whether they have been contacted directly or read this and other forums, they must realise that no matter who they choose as Manager, they are going to upset a significant proportion of the fanbase. Polls, quotes, facts and figures (sometimes erroneous ones) have all been brought out about every potential candidate and prove only one thing..... there is no candidate on whom we all agree.

I just hope that when the appointment is finally made, the majority of us can accept that the board are working with better facts, figures and information than we have looking in from outside. Unfortunately the last couple of appointments are bound to be worry to us all, but it's worth noting that this (as far as we can tell), will be the first appointment by a new chairman and board, not one that SL has made as an executive decision.

Oooops I can't edit the typo out of the headline :(

Archived