IGNORED

Champioship Clubs

Calculus

No club is going to stay in the Championship for ever, so the question is where is the next stop. Current form, level of support, tradition, ambitions, managment, scouting, finances, ownership and luck are all going to have an impact. Unfortunately, I see us as being far more likely to go down next than up, although i'm desperately hoping to be wrong. Would be interesting to see what people think - for better or worse my take on it is:

Southampton - Premier League

Middlesbrough- Premier League

Derby- Premier League

West Ham- Premier League

Brighton- League 1

Hull - League 1

Blackpool- League 1

Leicester- Premier League

Cardiff- Premier League

Ipswich - Premier League

Leeds- Premier League

Crystal Palace- League 1

Peterborough - League 1

Burnley- Premier League

Reading - Premier League

Barnsley - League 1

Birmingham - Premier League

Watford - League 1

Portsmouth - League 1

Doncaster - League 1

Nott'm Forest - Premier League

Coventry - League 1

Millwall - League 1

Bristol City - League 1

Don't get this - over what time scale are you thinking this might happen? Obviously not straight away. What about clubs going down and then going the other way - as Norwhich did with a back to back promotion and as Southampton might well do as well.

Sure there's a fair chance City will be relegated but let's say the glass is half full shall we? There's a more than fair chance we won't be. As for promotion - it's not only about ex prem clubs going back up. Who would have predicted Blackpool or Hull's promotion? I reckon City will play in the Premier League - at some point in the next 25 years, there you go - that's committment and certainty for you and bucks your trend.

bristol city- Mark robins, league 1

Bristol city- Dave Jones, Championship/Premierleague

Bristol city- Derek Mciness- Championship

David james- Champions league in 3 years.

Ha.

But yeah rubbish thread no offence to the op. No team deserves to be anywhere, you've just gone down the list of teams at this level and choosen the ones with the bigger stadiums better history's etc which all of course means f all. Brighton for example are a prime example of a team i think will be in the Premier League soonish... No reason we cant be either, get the next manager right have a decent odd season (Like Stoke, Hull, Norwich etc etc have had) and we will be up in the next league..

Archived