IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

Tim S

why would he leave pompey for a step down (at this present time)??

He might jump - before he's pushed(out)

Their fans are turning against him

http://pompeypages.com/2011/10/10/steve-cotterill-a-surprise-target-for-the-bristol-city-vacancy/

The key sentence

Cotterill, who is under-fire from a large group of Portsmouth fans for his unattractive style of football, poor tactics and endless post-match excuses,

Their fans are hoping we'll take him off their hands!

He WAS good at Cheltenham taking them from Conference South all the way to league 1- but that was a while ago now and his spells at this level and above with

Burnley, Stoke, Sunderland, and Pompey have'nt brought any success.

So - it's a no from me

CR

He might jump - before he's pushed(out)

Their fans are turning against him

http://pompeypages.c...l-city-vacancy/

The key sentence

Cotterill, who is under-fire from a large group of Portsmouth fans for his unattractive style of football, poor tactics and endless post-match excuses,

Their fans are hoping we'll take him off their hands!

He WAS good at Cheltenham taking them from Conference South all the way to league 1- but that was a while ago now and his spells at this level and above with

Burnley, Stoke, Sunderland, and Pompey have'nt brought any success.

So - it's a no from me

CR

Getting their own back for giving them Pulis?

who else are contenders for the forest job? Keane O'Neil Karl Robinson??

It seems to be whoever you're lot are linked with!

Robinson ruled himself out. O'Neil wouldn't come to Forest as long as the current board are in place. Keane is far too feisty (Billy Davies like) and the board wouldn't make that mistake again. Paul Ince is the latest name we're linked with but that doesn't exactly fill me will excitement. There's talk of Frank Clark coming back as Chairman but these rumours change daily. The club have said that they hope to have a manager in place by Saturday so we'll see.

Robinson ruled himself out. O'Neil wouldn't come to Forest as long as the current board are in place. Keane is far too feisty (Billy Davies like) and the board wouldn't make that mistake again. Paul Ince is the latest name we're linked with but that doesn't exactly fill me will excitement. There's talk of Frank Clark coming back as Chairman but these rumours change daily. The club have said that they hope to have a manager in place by Saturday so we'll see.

Quite strange for a larger club, the shopping list for you seems (like ourselves) to be very much the bargin bucket variety, How so?

K Millen?

Quite strange for a larger club, the shopping list for you seems (like ourselves) to be very much the bargin bucket variety, How so?

Not sure what you mean by bargain bucket pal. Are you expecting a Premier League manager to quit his job and come down to manage in the Championship? No decent manager will touch us after what has happened with Davies then McClaren and there's not really too many unemployed managers that stand out. Martin O'Neil keeps getting mentioned as he's out of work but some fans need a reality check. He was touted as Fergie's replacement and ManUre not long ago and although he's played for Forest, he would never manage here under the current regime. I can see stormy times ahead for both clubs. The thought of playing hoof ball on poor pitches in League 1, the opposition kicking lumps out of your team, the poor standard of refereeing and the Johnstone Paint Trophy just scares the cr@p out of me.

Not sure what you mean by bargain bucket pal. Are you expecting a Premier League manager to quit his job and come down to manage in the Championship? No decent manager will touch us after what has happened with Davies then McClaren and there's not really too many unemployed managers that stand out. Martin O'Neil keeps getting mentioned as he's out of work but some fans need a reality check. He was touted as Fergie's replacement and ManUre not long ago and although he's played for Forest, he would never manage here under the current regime. I can see stormy times ahead for both clubs. The thought of playing hoof ball on poor pitches in League 1, the opposition kicking lumps out of your team, the poor standard of refereeing and the Johnstone Paint Trophy just scares the cr@p out of me.

I feel your pain

One of the favourites for the City job now favourite for the Forest job, it has to be the most randomest person ever to be on both lists as he is still with a club so would require compensation. Whats so special about him compared to the other Championship team managers?

Maybe he is free to walk away from Pompey without any compensation being paid?

Also, "most randomest"?

What I meant was, I would have thought someone like M On or Roy Keane would have been your sort of target that's all.

For bargin bucket read low(er) profile.

I'm surprised about Paul Hart as well. Didn't last the pace at Swindon, and yet your board fancy him?

If Dave JOnes does not get this job our board has not done its job correctly in my opinion.

His record speaks volumes of the man.

His record is what every red fan should want.

I cannot believe there are reds that want others,this guy has done it,time and time again.

I respect the clubs decisions,but don't let the guy slip through the net.

If Dave JOnes does not get this job our board has not done its job correctly in my opinion.

I cannot believe there are reds that want others,this guy has done it,time and time again.

This

What? You mean failed?

Archived