IGNORED

My Preferred Candidate Isn't In The Final 5

the1stknowle

I've been backing Tisdale. But if the EvPo is right then the final 5 doesnt include him. And he was likely never approached.

But I like the look of the final 5. McInnes, Jones, Robins, SoD and John Hughes. I'd be happy with any one of them. John Hughes is the one I know least about but I'm assuming he must have interviewed particularly well and he did a good job at Falkirk.

Jones, SoD or McInnes I'd be delighted with any. All three would give me as a fan reasons to be excited about watching City play again.

Robins I have a few doubts but I think he'll probably be fine and a bit of organisation is all we need at the moment. And long term he might well be an inspired appointment. The Rotherham fans coming on here have been pretty vociferous in their support of him. Hardly scientific, but encouraging.

Hughes I'm sure is the outsider and if he is appointed then we'd have to assume he'd interviewed very well. His record is better than many.

Anyway, the point is I like the way the board seem to have gone about this, the people on the supposed shortlist are different types and this must mean the board are weighing different qualities against each other which is all I wanted - a proper considered interview process rather than a slow march to election by one pre-determined candidate.

So my candidate looks like they didnt get the job. I'm still 100% behind the new candidate whoever it is and have a renewed confidence in this board of directors in the way they are guiding SL. Hughes would be a curve-ball but one with potential and I cant really comment because I cant remember seeing his hibs team play. I'm sure very few of us can with any authority. And in all the other 4 I can find reasons (different reasons for each candidate) to get excited about the future of the club in their hands.

Whoever it is, your chosen candidate or not, even if you signed up to one of the "anyone but Robins/O'Driscoll/Jones/hughes/McInnes" threads, I hope the new manager gets 100% support for a fair period because if not, then the cries of relegation will more than likely be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Exciting times.

Archived