IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

talksense

The way he has treated the club has been terrible.

It is clear he is looking to run down his contract and is not going to sign a new deal. Therefore, he should of handed in a transfer request in the Summer, or at least told the club he didn't plan to sign a new deal. Then we could of accepted a bid from Leicester or any other team.

Now all we are getting is half hearted performances and a loss of money from his wages, which will ultimately come to nothing as he leaves on a free to somebody like Wigan in the summer.

It is clear he is looking to run down his contract and is not going to sign a new deal. Therefore, he should of handed in a transfer request in the Summer, or at least told the club he didn't plan to sign a new deal. Then we could of accepted a bid from Leicester or any other team.

Now all we are getting is half hearted performances and a loss of money from his wages, which will ultimately come to nothing as he leaves on a free to somebody like Wigan in the summer.

If he hands in a transfer request he loses out financially. He would be an idiot to hand in a transfer request when he has one year left.

We may not like it, but I am sure most of us would do the same if we had the talent. After all he is not a bristol city fan.

It is clear he is looking to run down his contract and is not going to sign a new deal.

Therefore, he should of handed in a transfer request in the Summer, or at least told the club he didn't plan to sign a new deal. Then we could of accepted a bid from Leicester or any other team.

Now all we are getting is half hearted

performances and a loss of money from his wages, which will ultimately come to nothing as he leaves on a free to somebody like

Wigan in the summer.

I read some crap on here but this??? Jesus Christ.

You say he treated the club terribly?

What about all the players that don't get offered new contracts by the club? Do you

think that's terrible too?

Given it was his fault he was out of action for sooo long, you'd have thought there might have been a bit more loyalty.

He's free to progress his career elsewhere, but the least he should do is help secure a decent fee for us. Running down his contract is a smack in the chops for the club.

Just add another year with a clause that states he can leave if the offer is high enough or if its a Prem club etc.

Yes I have to admit that NM is losing his shine now. During the summer I thought it was perfectly acceptable that he was waiting for Prem club to come in for him and we would have had a decent fee. With the window now closed I really expected him to sign an extension with decent clauses to allow him to go to the prem if an offer came in - that hasn't happened and the only conclusion I can make is that he will allow his contract to expire and tout himself round as a free agent next summer. The least he could do is be honest and let us all know that is his intention (and right) instead of all the crap about hoping it will sort itself out.

Mind you, it backfired on one AB so he should be warned.

Given it was his fault he was out of action for sooo long, you'd have thought there might have been a bit more loyalty.

He's free to progress his career elsewhere, but the least he should do is help secure a decent fee for us. Running down his contract is a smack in the chops for the club.

Just add another year with a clause that states he can leave if the offer is high enough or if its a Prem club etc.

My sentiments exaclty. I can remember when the same player went home straight after signing, to get his boots and stuff, to be back the morning to start training the next day....How things change. He is not as good as he thinks he is, ok people say with better service he would be brilliant, but don't forget this season he has missed quite a lot of sitters that has cost us points, and thats not including the 2 penalty misses!!!

Silly boy really. I wouldn't mind him running down his contract if he was actually playing as if he wanted a better contract in the Prem. As an earlier poster mentioned, he'll be off to Wigan or maybe Fulham but at his current rate he'll be lucky to get a deal at Leicester. If he had another 20+ goal season he could get a contract at a Villa or a Newcastle. All about ambition I guess. :dunno:

Archived