IGNORED

Appeal To City Players

Rowley Birkin

This Sunday could promise to be, one of the greatest days in my 35 years following the club, although it could just as easily turn out one of the worst.

I'd like to appeal to the players to, TAKE IT TO THEM, FROM THE OFF!

We are more than capable of beating a poor Brighton side, but only if City don't fall into this complacent, stereotypical, playing more in our half than theirs trap, again.

We have some class players out there, who to me, far to often take the easy option, instead of believing in their own ability, and creating something themselves.

Watching City at times this year, has been like watching a rugby team, as the ball is passed backwards, more than forwards!

We waste so much of the game playing keep ball in our own half, in a vain attempt to draw out defences, who'll sit there all day and night, if given a chance, then when closed down, hoof it up front, where it just comes back from where it came!

Let's get our more than capable midfield, creating, and causing mayhem where it actually hurts teams.

Our forwards need to spend the best half of the game facing their goal, not facing ours.

Lets see us working their keeper, even if it means having a pop from 30 yards, it's better than petering out to nothing.

Get some shots in..Chrissy Roberts especially, as you've got one hell of a dig.

Why are we in Cardiff anyway?

Because when it was forced on them, they had no option but to attack Hartlepool. and blow me, it worked!

See it can Danny.

I'm not saying be cavalier and throw caution to the wind, but give us something to be proud of, and show the nation Bristol City can be an exiting, and entertaining outfit.

Having said that, I'd take 1-0 now and let it be as crap as our last visit!

The best of luck to you all, and give us a day we all can remember for the rest of our lives.

Cometh the hour, commeth the men.

Amen.

great post, although i will be so sick if we dont go up....

As BCFC fans, i think we are expecting to win, which we should, but even though for once it is in our hands, its still a lottery...

Keep a cool head boys, (as we dont want many jumpers off the severn bridge if it all goes pear) but we will win - i know we will........... (!)

Good post, you are right but the sa thing is that your plan aint going to happen

It wil be a very cagey game, both teams not wanting to lose, it will be very low scoring i think.

We should take the game to them but we wont, we will do exacly the opposite to what we should do, i dont know why wilson plays all the macthes so cagily eg. hartlepool at home

Archived