IGNORED

Untitled

Worthingexile

In these times of doom and gloom I thought I'd share my greatest experience of being a city fan.

Wembley with GJ, after we were beaten by Hull. 35000 city fans singing "we'll always believe, we'll always believe, we're Bristol City and we'll always believe!"

In that moment of total adversity, that song made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and brought tears to my eyes. I was proud to be part of that.

It would be a similar feeling to hear that song vibrating around Ashton and seeing fans united again. WE, can make this happen!

my fav and worst memory for city both involves me not actually being there. my fav would be on holiday in phuket thailand with the other half and some friends and looking aroung trying to find a bar which was showing city vs palace in the playoffs and that moment when noble scored i dont think ive ever been so happy. worst would be having mansfield away tickets all booked then missing it as i had the worst hangover and we came back from a goal down in the 90 th minute to win i was so gutted i missed it and it was the only game all season i missed home or away. I havent included the playoff final losses as ive completely blocked them from my memory :crying:

When Blackpool scored their fifth..........................NOT!! Seriously though Noble scoring the second against Rotherham. Relief more than anything. I felt a part of that promotion. No-one could expect what was to happen next but I was predicting something special. Sounds bizarre but I can smell it now, it's all coming back to me. What a fantastic period, for Millen also.

For some reason two games have stayed in my memory. The quarter final and semi finals of the league cup away at Bradford City and Notts Forest when we were in the third division. I've never experienced atmospheres like it since.

Every time Ian Ormondroyed touched the ball at Bradford the cacophony of EEEY OORE chants was hilarious.

At Forest we took a massive amount of support and sang non stop all evening. Never heard a peep out of their support throughout the night. First Division verses Third, but not when it came to passion of support.

I'll also never forget Alan Walsh's shot in the return leg at home against Forest. About a minute to go to full time, the game finely balanced at 1-1 on agg, and his left foot unleashes a shot along the grass that hits the inside of the post and agonisingly runs near the goal line before being cleared.

I truly believe that if we had gone through that night we would have beaten Luton ( if memory is correct) in the final and brought the cup home to BS3.

Either Clive Whiteheads goal against Portsmouth which secured the reds place in the top division or possibly just shaded by Paul Cheesely scoring aginst Arsenal anouncing we had arrived. I will always believe we can do it again. Worst moment was when Cheesley got injured and his carrer was finished.

Bristol City have given me so many highs the pain can hurt but its still my team and its a love affair that will never fail even the grim days of away days in the forth division did I consider giving up on them and as you say Worthingexile I will always believe

City till i die

Think a stand out memory of mine is when after years of not beating Rovers, Louie Donowa managed to beat all the blue and white hordes to the ball and with a diving header scramble it over the line .1-0 to City only minutes to go . What a fantastic moment ,Got to my local after full of City ,didnt stop singing for an hour at least .

Archived