IGNORED

No Choice Of Manager Can Be Too Expensive

QuedgeRed

The decision by the board is without doubt going to be massive for the club.

My personal thoughts are that if the club can afford to turn down offers of around 6 million for Maynard, then with a much more important decision for the club and it's future, they can't possibly contemplate any cheap options and must go all out, at no expense spared, to get the best possible candidate for the post.

I quite agree. Having good players is one thing but if you skimp on a manager, it's like having all the right parts but nothing to glue them together with.

For me, the manager is the most important player and sufficient funds should be allocated accordingly. I hope they get it right this time, I can count on one hand how many (what I would regard) decent managers we've employed in the last 30 years, and we've employed a lot. A very poor record.

Very true this is vital and as OP says if we can turn down big fee for Maynard then we shouldn't be scraping the barrel for a decent boss. IF that means Jones in with new backroom staff we should be bending over backwards to make it happen.

Not going for people like cotterill who have hardly set the world alight...........cheap cheap cheap

Archived