IGNORED

David James, Odd Superstitions

MarcusX

Found this article on the Mirror website: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-banter/Pepe-Reina-John-Terry-David-James-Gary-Lineker-Bobby-Moore-and-the-Top-10-football-superstitions-article493509.html

David James is 7th in the top 10 with his superstitions:

7) David James

As befits a goalkeeper, England's current No.1 has a couple of odd pre-match 'must dos'. Bristol City's resident artist and philosopher has admitted to not speaking to anyone before kick-off. as well as waiting for the urinals to empty of players before he enters and spits on the wall. Classy.

Every time I have seen someone ask for his autograph, he always points to his wrist, without saying anything. I have always took it to mean that now is not the time, but I have never actually seen him sign aanything.

:facepalm:

Oh dear God... this forum is just full to the brim of hatred and bile.

David signs autographs after the game always. But beforehand you have to be lucky!

Doesn't seem to hang around long when being booed off. :) to be fair all players make some time during match day to sign autographs, wether it be when they arrive. During the warm up, leaving the pitch after 90 mins or sometime after the game.

Well clearly is his superstition is not to talk to anyone before kick off then it would explain why he doesnt sign autographs or talk to fans.

He doesnt deny that his superstitions are border line ridiculuos but who are we to suggest that one of the best English keepers in recent time isnt allowed to follow his superstitions?

David signs autographs after the game always. But beforehand you have to be lucky!

At the last home game against Reading I was stood about 2feet away from the tunnel when DJ was signing autographs for kids. Think he does sign them so long as it doesn't interfere with his "zone".

And his mistakes are higjlighted others in the team who made mistakes leading up to jamo mistakes have not been.mccalister passing the ball in keepers arms from freekick.ending in jcr last man defending and jamo back pass blunder....the ball shouldn't of even been down that end.....people gotta look at da team not just one man.

And his mistakes are higjlighted others in the team who made mistakes leading up to jamo mistakes have not been.mccalister passing the ball in keepers arms from freekick.ending in jcr last man defending and jamo back pass blunder....the ball shouldn't of even been down that end.....people gotta look at da team not just one man.

About the only bit of that I can understand is the last sentence, and I agree with that bit.

Found this article on the Mirror website: http://www.mirrorfoo...icle493509.html

David James is 7th in the top 10 with his superstitions:

7) David James

As befits a goalkeeper, England's current No.1 has a couple of odd pre-match 'must dos'. Bristol City's resident artist and philosopher has admitted to not speaking to anyone before kick-off. as well as waiting for the urinals to empty of players before he enters and spits on the wall. Classy.

Not how I would best describe him.

With that many superstitions it probably explains why he cant catch a ball - too many questions going round in his vacuous head!

Neil Warnock: "During a winning run, the QPR gaffer will stop his car at every set of traffic lights on his way home. Even if they are green".

Should be nicked for careless driving with that one, that aint no "superstition" thats a "Dick'ead". What happens if he stops at a green light and some kid crosses the road and gets ran over by an oncoming car...

Archived