IGNORED

People Who Want Dave Jones

TRL

Then ask yourself, do you want this man in charge of your club? Will he instill the discipline we need.

If I was a Board member reading this, I think I may give him a wide Birth. Looks like very bad management to me, too soft.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15274757.stm

i'm afraid that this has a lot to do with his back ground as a care worker, 'pull up a been bag' type of manager.

thankfully you are not a board member

That is sweeping under the carpet, hiding the reason. Now if you are going into work drinking or Drunk, sending someone home on on full pay is not great. There should have been fines and warnings. If it continues then you have to realise there is a problem, then deal with it the Sympathetic way. This on the face of it is a sweep it under the carpet and hope it goes away attitude.

If you give a guy free reign to then go out and get wasted on drink and eventually drugs it will come back and bite you, his soft approach may well not have helped. And more worryingly he has let other players get away with it in the future, such a Chopra. Is it any wonder Cardiff consistently failed to get to the prem if this is how a manager lets his players act. All too reminiscent of Danny Wilson to me.

No thank you Jones.

This was before the cocaine addiction and just when he was drunk. There'd be a nationwide shortage of counsellors if we hired one for every time that happened under Jones.

Exactly, 'go home and come back when you're not drunk anymore, oh by the way we'll pay you in full to fund your habit', for an ex care worker a very strange way to deal with addiction.

Let's just not have a manager Ffs god help who ever gets the ******* job with he fans we have he won't last a week

:laugh: very true, but I would be concerned with the drinking culture that is apparent in Jones teams, I don't want to see us going back to the bad old days.

I would happily accept Robins SOD, Davis (even though I don't like the bloke) Mcinnes etc etc.

Let's just not have a manager Ffs god help who ever gets the ******* job with he fans we have he won't last a week

The problem is there will never be total agreement when a new manager is appointed, that is the nature of the beast. However when the process is being carried out the way BCFC are carrying it out at present, then you are going to get views from fans at the candidates past club and sometimes you hear things that obviously would not crop up in an interview. I think it's quite healthy that we learn the warts and all side of things. History tends to repeat itself.

I seem to remember when Coppell was appointed 2 people said he would walk before christmas, one was a poster on here who was roundly vilified by many, the other was my son.

Your son that to me at the start of the season that year he had no faith In copout

The fact that people are slagging style of football and man management before we even appoint someone is what's getting on my tits we should be prepared to give the new guy a chance whoever it is

:laugh: very true, but I would be concerned with the drinking culture that is apparent in Jones teams, I don't want to see us going back to the bad old days.

I would happily accept Robins SOD, Davis (even though I don't like the bloke) Mcinnes etc etc.

But did his other teams have a drinking culture, or just Baadiff? I mean Christ, if I had to live and work there I think I'd turn to drink...maybe he just sympathised! innocent.gif

Your son that to me at the start of the season that year he had no faith In copout

The fact that people are slagging style of football and man management before we even appoint someone is what's getting on my tits we should be prepared to give the new guy a chance whoever it is

Sort of agree, but you will never stop the pre-conceived ideas that people of certain candidates and i'm sure everybody will be prepared to give the new guy a chance, however depending on who it is, the length of that chance will differ, especially if it's not the guy they wanted, but one question for you, are you seriously telling me that whoever is named as our new boss that you will be prepared to give them a chance and upon that naming of our new boss if it's someone you don't want that your heart will not sink?.

Exactly, 'go home and come back when you're not drunk anymore, oh by the way we'll pay you in full to fund your habit', for an ex care worker a very strange way to deal with addiction.

I know it sounds ridiculous; in any other profession he would have been fired. Therein lies the problem; this is not any other business, this player is supposedly an asset with a perceived sell on fee. The last thing the club wants is this to be publicised and for the player's value to fall to zero.

In short, when you analyze it that way, as the only way you can, Dave Jones probably did exactly as the club wanted him to do and it may also have been within his nature to do so and, as it happens, it made intelligent business sense.

Still rots i agree though.

I know it sounds ridiculous; in any other profession he would have been fired. Therein lies the problem; this is not any other business, this player is supposedly an asset with a perceived sell on fee. The last thing the club wants is this to be publicised and for the player's value to fall to zero.

In short, when you analyze it that way, as the only way you can, Dave Jones probably did exactly as the club wanted him to do and it may also have been within his nature to do so and, as it happens, it made intelligent business sense.

Still rots i agree though.

Clearly i'm afraid not in this case, he is 32 years old and in rehab, 4 years ago when in his prime he was sent home to sort it out, look at where his career went after that, nowhere, so where is the business sense in that?. The most interesting question should be have lessons been learned? and sadly I would say no absolutely not, looking at the way the FA and clubs deal with drug abuse/failed drugs tests, I suspect that this situation will occur again and again, because it made intelligent business sense.

Sort of agree, but you will never stop the pre-conceived ideas that people of certain candidates and i'm sure everybody will be prepared to give the new guy a chance, however depending on who it is, the length of that chance will differ, especially if it's not the guy they wanted, but one question for you, are you seriously telling me that whoever is named as our new boss that you will be prepared to give them a chance and upon that naming of our new boss if it's someone you don't want that your heart will not sink?.

Everyone has their own "pre-conceived" ideas though don't they? Ideas are not mutually exclusive. I personally want a passionate, ambitious young manager, or a canny, ruthless older manager. Either will do me. City are my team and will be for ever. The management decisions are WAYYY above our heads, so ultimately we will get given what we're given. Louis Carey's interview after KM's dismissal was a turning point for me. He could barely stop himself smirking. Hopefully someone comes in, kicks out the deadwood (Carey included) and opens a new chapter in BCFC history. We are, at the moment, not big enough to be good, and not good enough to be big.

What did Dave Jones say to you when asked about the incident. Irrespective of choosing a manager, you cannot take a few words from an ex smack head as complete vindication of your viewpoint. There are other sides to every story. Have you any idea how many footballers are in addiction ? How many play or have played for some of the greatest managers the game has ever seen ?

Football has an issue with British players in particular , most of which is hushed up and hidden for obvious reasons. I repeat I am not wanting to suggest Jones is right or wrong for the job, but you cannot suggest weak management based on a few throw away lines of a player otherwise you would be questioning almost all managers in the top flight.

Issue is too much money too young and too many potential distractions and for some it proves too much. Started years ago, maybe Sir Matt Busby should have been fired for weak management of George Best if you are right.

totally agree, this "pull up a bean bag" nonsense is something dreamt up by a right-wing daily mail tory hack. Jones worked at an EBD school. He probably got spat at, kicked, punched by all manner of ****** up kids. Whitley seems do be doing as most addicts do blame others for their ills. Jones probably told him to do oneand come back when he was sober.

totally agree, this "pull up a bean bag" nonsense is something dreamt up by a right-wing daily mail tory hack. Jones worked at an EBD school. He probably got spat at, kicked, punched by all manner of ****** up kids. Whitley seems do be doing as most addicts do blame others for their ills. Jones probably told him to do oneand come back when he was sober.

So turning up to work drunk more than a lot is not a disciplinary offence? and the punishment is being sent home on full pay?, it says as much about modern football as we need to know.

Archived