IGNORED

How Long Does It Take To Appoint A New Manager?

The Exiled Robin

It's been 8 days since Millen was sacked, should we have a new man in by now or are the Board right to take their time?

My view is here:

http://exiledrobin.b...w.html?spref=tw

In any other walk of life it would take at least three months to conduct a thorough search and appoint to a top management position. How football clubs expect to make the right appointment in a couple of weeks beats me.

In any other walk of life it would take at least three months to conduct a thorough search and appoint to a top management position. How football clubs expect to make the right appointment in a couple of weeks beats me.

Pressure from the Baying Hordes is most likely the reason, and the limited time scales to get things right if you are in the do do. Completely different than any other market. And that is why o many appointments end up being poor.

Sometimes it maybe worth looking at the bigger picture, take into account you make tak a big hit with relegataion, and make sure you get the right man for the long term welfare of Bristol city. I don't think that will go down too well with the fans, So I expect a relatively quick appointment in the hope the new manager can keep us up, rather than a proper process you would get in any other industry, where there would be several interviews, the long term plans are met not just the short term.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the manegerial merry go round lasts for the next 2 or 3 seasons down at the gate. But I have my fingers crossed they get lucky and find a guy that fits well with city and both short term and long term goals are met.

Would think appointintment will be announced Monday or Tuesday of next week with Birmingham at home being the new mans first game.

Big game, big opposition, big crowd, big occasion.

Makes sense to me.

Big crowd........ We all know the outcome of that, more disillusioned fans going home from their first ever game, never to return.

I'm a cynical old git!

There's an interesting chapter in the book Why England Lose: And other curious phenomena explained by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski (which is a cracking read, BTW) - where basically they say that it should take as long as it takes and rushing in and appointing a 'name' isn't necessarily the best move.

I like the sound of McInnes - a gamble, but a great potential. Robins would be OK as well - I'd rather an up and coming manager than someone who's nothing to prove. Mind you, we are in the sh17 at the moment so some experience might help!:surrender:

Interesting that majority of responses here seem to be OK with length of time being taken to appoint, very different to view on Twitter where most are up in arms about it taking so long

Twitter - the 140 word, instant throw away comments, direct from computers and mobile phones on the move whilst bored with nothing better to do - why does it not shock me they would be impatient ?

Interesting that majority of responses here seem to be OK with length of time being taken to appoint, very different to view on Twitter where most are up in arms about it taking so long

As I said on different thread.

Maybe the board are delaying the appointment because they can't unanimously agree on a candidate?

And, what if the board wish to appoint candidate 'A' but our majority shareholder wants candidate 'B'?

All intriging stuff.

As I said on different thread.

Maybe the board are delaying the appointment because they can't unanimously agree on a candidate?

And, what if the board wish to appoint candidate 'A' but our majority shareholder wants candidate 'B'?

All intriging stuff.

lansdown wont be back in the country untill tomorrow. There was never a chance of a decision like this being made before he got back.

I reckon lansdown will talk to the two prefered candidates over the weekend or on Monday and the decision will be made after that.

lansdown wont be back in the country untill tomorrow. There was never a chance of a decision like this being made before he got back.

I reckon lansdown will talk to the two prefered candidates over the weekend or on Monday and the decision will be made after that.

Maybe.

Let's hope he gets it right whoever and whenever it is.

Archived