IGNORED

Alan Curbishley

wookey

Only wants Prem football.

Said so much on regular occasions.

Said in aforementioned article he'd perhaps been aiming too high :P

What we'd give to be a mid table Prem side like Charlton were before they got rid.

"We've now interviewed five people who all brought different skills and there's still a few applications coming in now," said Sexstone.

Exactly. Nothing about a mystery candidate throwing his name into the ring. No macabre insinuations of illustrious names that have come out of nowhere, just the obvious statement that other applications will come in.

That's what's so utterly awful about this forum. Someone posts shite and then others seize on it, and all of a sudden you have a completely baseless and unfounded rumour out of absolutely nothing. Then it's all down to the inevitable Chinese whispers to blow the thing out of a proportion it never even had in the first place.

Exactly. Nothing about a mystery candidate throwing his name into the ring. No macabre insinuations of illustrious names that have come out of nowhere, just the obvious statement that other applications will come in.

That's what's so utterly awful about this forum. Someone posts shite and then others seize on it, and all of a sudden you have a completely baseless and unfounded rumour out of absolutely nothing. Then it's all down to the inevitable Chinese whispers to blow the thing out of a proportion it never even had in the first place.

Jeez! Are you on your period or something?

There is no mystery applicant. Where does that bollox keep coming from?

He actually stated in his interview on monday that the delay in naming the new manager was due to the board being alerted over the weekend to the potential availability on new candisates, or words to that effect.

Perma period for Matty at the moment - come on mate, shake yourself out of it! I enjoy reading your posts, but just lately all you seem to do is whinge. Not that there's a lot to shout about either!

Well that's the thing isnt it? Bottom of the league, piss-arsing around with the new appointment, and very little out there to suggest it's going to much more than underwhelming. I'll be glad when the new bloke is in place, whoever it is, and we will actually have a direction, because at the moment we're just kind of floating in limbo.

The thing which currently worries me most is that whoever gets the job looks likely to devide the opinions of the forum, and although the forum isn't the be all and end all, it's a big enough number of people to represent an idea of general opinion. If things don't start well for the new guy, which I'm not expecting them to with this squad, then the knives will be out early.

I'm really worried for this season. I felt we could go down last season. This season I feel it's more than likely.

I'm really worried for this season. I felt we could go down last season. This season I feel it's more than likely.

Me too mate, the dead wood should've been cleared long ago - and I get the feeling that the new man (whoever he may be) isn't going to take too long in realising it, if he hasn't already. Would it put someone off, Jones for example? Would it be a good challenge for a younger manager with something to prove, Robins or McInnes?

God knows, I just hope that the board taking the extra time to interview is a good thing. Can take another 3 weeks for all I care, this is a massive, massive appointment for a set of people that won't have been in this position before

Jez - I'm more worried than I think about what is going on right now....

Maybe I'm being pedantic here, but as the club haven't announced any names of any applicants, each and every one of them is technically a mystery candidate as far as we're concerned.

Said in aforementioned article he'd perhaps been aiming too high :P

What we'd give to be a mid table Prem side like Charlton were before they got rid.

And I'll never forget the day when the Charlton Chairman, speaking after he had terminated the contract 'by mutual consent', said words to the effect:- we felt Alan Curbishley had been an absolutely fabulous manager for us over many years but in recent times it had perhaps got a little 'tired' and we considered probably our best manager in decades had taken us as far as he could. ...

It was all down hill from that very moment for Charlton. You gotta laugh really!!

Talking of Curbs; he surely would need to consider a Championship job now. He has been out of the game simply too long, i think, to get a Prem job.

Years back Charlton played down here in the FA Cup, for some reason the atmosphere was evil, particularly from the Grandstand and Enclosure. Odd because there was no particular history between them and us.

After the game Curbishley remarked that Ashton Gate was the most intimidating ground he'd ever been to.

Archived