IGNORED

Have We Spoken To Mcinnes?

bangers

Yeah, I've got a few pals like that also, typical people that only get interested if City get to a play off final or a big cup game. If his reply to Mcinnes was "who", your telling me he's a City "supporter" ???? Its been all over the local and national press for a good week and a half. #

Your a Barry Bullshitter

Yeah he's part time. Supporting for over 50 years and a ST holder. Also disabled and doesn't have the ability to log onto a pc like the rest of us more fortunate.

Moron.

That's actually a really good point. I was at my local last night and said to a City supporting mate who never looks at this place what he thought about McInnes. His reply was "Who?"

I said the Scottish guy we're linked with. He asked me if I was joking.

If he comes in the most interesting thing for me will be his opening speech. I don't want to hear all this massive club, too good an opportunity to turn down, bullshit. I want to hear what he's going to do to turn our season around.

if your preferred choice get's the job and gives the speech you refer to, how will you react to that bullshit?.

That's actually a really good point. I was at my local last night and said to a City supporting mate who never looks at this place what he thought about McInnes. His reply was "Who?"

I said the Scottish guy we're linked with. He asked me if I was joking.

If he comes in the most interesting thing for me will be his opening speech. I don't want to hear all this massive club, too good an opportunity to turn down, bullshit. I want to hear what he's going to do to turn our season around.

I wonder how many Everton fans had heard of David Moyes !! he hasn't done bad has he ?

I also remember Man u fans saying that it was rediculous that one of the biggest teams in the world were appointing a manager that had only done well in Scotland with Aberdeen and St.Mirren ,

And what about paul lambert i expect the norwich fans weren't keen considering he had only managed Livingston, Wycombe and Colchester but he has done pretty well

I love it how "spoilt" fans just want a big name

If he has got the qualities then he will be good enough

Sorry but that sounds made up to try and make someone look stupid !

I wouldn't need to try that elaborately I can assure you. His name's Clive Bidder and he lives in Coalpit Heath. I don't do bullshit. Anyone that knows my history on here knows I don't make things up. Ever. Go search Kachina, Keith Lemon etc if you want fabrication

Correct, although I'm back on Saturday. You clearly don't read this place very often if you don't know my views.

As for pressure, comes with the territory. Hardly pressure coming with a plan and telling us is it? More a regulation of the job. Worrying if not.

Yes I read quite a bit , I've obviously not been paying attention !! Would you like to share your no. 1 choice?

As for telling us of his 'plan' , he's hardy going to make a rod for his own back from day one by stating a formation or playing style , because as soon as he deviates from that people will be on his back. He may well have a prefference but he will need to see the players in action and formulate a system from there. Whoever it is.

Here here matty but its looking like a cheap option.

Well, I don't know about cheap, but if it is McInnes I won't be particularly enthralled.

What I will say is whoever it is will get my full backing regardless. What worries me is whoever we get is clearly going to devide opinion, and when things aren't going well, like I don't expect them to with our squad, the knives will be out early. It's wrong, but it'll happen, you watch

Dave Jones as I've stated many, many times over the last week or two.

Thank you. I would not be against Jones as manager (I will back whoever gets the job).

I like the idea of poaching an existing manager though , someone who is already in that 'manager mode' if you like. McInnes ,for me ,would stepping up a level and would have a hunger about him (not unlike GJ). Not long to wait now :fingerscrossed:

I don't know you Matty-H nor have I had any dialogue with u since being a newbie to this forum but what I will say and again coming from a bear and robin up in sunny Scotland, I really do not see what you see in Dave Jones.

He has done nothing to merit such support from any fan of any club. He really is a journeyman manager who will end up in league2 in 2-3 seasons time, a peter Taylor like manager if you like.

On the other hand Derek Mcinnes will one day manage either a top 6 club in England or Rangers, you can say what you want about the SPL but I can assure you that considering we have the captain and vice captain of America, Bosnia, Australia, Scotland, romania,Uganda amongst the likes of jelavic, kayal etc then our league could maybe just maybe be of a higher standard than that of the championship.

In life it pays to look beyond the horizon and that my friend is exactly what will see Mcinnes and City into a new era.

I

On the other hand Derek Mcinnes will one day manage either a top 6 club in England or Rangers,

You see, whatever else you may have said in the post has been devalued right there. Unless you have a crystal ball or one of them flux capacitor thingys, then how can you make such a wild assumption? Pure, unadulterated speculation. Not saying you'll definately be wrong, but none of us have a bloody clue where he'll be in ten weeks time let alone ten years. He could be a meet and greet in B&Q by then.

Exactly the same. Double standards are available from plenty of others on here if that's your fancy.

Matty, I always had you down as a calm and well read red who argued a good case; not that i have read anyway near 1% of your posts mind you.

This manager hysteria seems to have enveloped you and turned you into a raging bull. I realise emotions run high and all that but just don't take the bait. Well, hope you don't mind me putting my 5 escudos in.

I don't know you Matty-H nor have I had any dialogue with u since being a newbie to this forum but what I will say and again coming from a bear and robin up in sunny Scotland, I really do not see what you see in Dave Jones.

He has done nothing to merit such support from any fan of any club. He really is a journeyman manager who will end up in league2 in 2-3 seasons time, a peter Taylor like manager if you like.

On the other hand Derek Mcinnes will one day manage either a top 6 club in England or Rangers, you can say what you want about the SPL but I can assure you that considering we have the captain and vice captain of America, Bosnia, Australia, Scotland, romania,Uganda amongst the likes of jelavic, kayal etc then our league could maybe just maybe be of a higher standard than that of the championship.

In life it pays to look beyond the horizon and that my friend is exactly what will see Mcinnes and City into a new era.

I agree with a lot that you say.

When you google Dave Jones name the topics near the top are 'Jones wants 4 players', 'Jones wants 5 players' or shite like this, does it remind anybody of anybody else?.

http://www.walesonli...91466-27956908/

Matty, I always had you down as a calm and well read red who argued a good case; not that i have read anyway near 1% of your posts mind you.

This manager hysteria seems to have enveloped you and turned you into a raging bull. I realise emotions run high and all that but just don't take the bait. Well, hope you don't mind me putting my 5 escudos in.

Of course not, mate, and I always respect your opinions on here. What is annoying the hell out of me lately is when people post speculative, hypothetical stuff (another example above) as fact. As if they know. Really is infuriating me :laugh:.

I'll be as pleased as anyone else when this is over - regardless of who it is - and we can move forward (hopefully) with a sense of direction at least, rather than the rudderless meandering we currently have.

I guess my actual point was...say we appoint the bloke, I just wonder what his reception will be. most of this forum will presumably be clapping, but that's only about 200 out of a gate of 12,000, just saying, this appointment won't bring the 'floating fans' back...at least not straight away anyway

Only results will do that, regardless of who comes in IMO.

You see, whatever else you may have said in the post has been devalued right there. Unless you have a crystal ball or one of them flux capacitor thingys, then how can you make such a wild assumption? Pure, unadulterated speculation. Not saying you'll definately be wrong, but none of us have a bloody clue where he'll be in ten weeks time let alone ten years. He could be a meet and greet in B&Q by then.

To an extent you are right, as one bad result is all it takes to finish you but and here's the but, Mcinnes is similar to O'Neil, Lambert, Mcleish, coyle etc in that the way they apply themselves in day to day life kind of guarantees them the next big job or at least a shot at it, maybe top 6 was a bit wild as realistically Scotsmen and Englishmen will struggle to get near Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal etc so yeah that was a bit far but I guarantee you and mark this statement, Mciness IF all is signed and sealed will take you forward and allot further forward than Dave Jones ever could

Of course not, mate, and I always respect your opinions on here. What is annoying the hell out of me lately is when people post speculative, hypothetical stuff (another example above) as fact. As if they know. Really is infuriating me :laugh:.

I think you're being a touch sensitive.

Whatever I write in this box is my opinion, people don't have to put 'I think' or 'in my opinion' in front of everything they write.

If I put 'Derek McInnes will be a good manager in the future', simply look to the left, take note of my username and you can safely assume that it is my opinion. Same goes for everyone else...at least that's the way I see it

To an extent you are right, as one bad result is all it takes to finish you but and here's the but, Mcinnes is similar to O'Neil, Lambert, Mcleish, coyle etc in that the way they apply themselves in day to day life kind of guarantees them the next big job or at least a shot at it, maybe top 6 was a bit wild as realistically Scotsmen and Englishmen will struggle to get near Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal etc so yeah that was a bit far but I guarantee you and mark this statement, Mciness IF all is signed and sealed will take you forward and allot further forward than Dave Jones ever could

Well look, I'll give you this, pal - if he does take over - which I'm rather sceptical I admit - then no one will be happier than myself if you are correct. I'm nowhere near as optimistic given the squad, some of the attitudes and our current position and mindset. Whoever comes in is going to have a hell of a job just keeping us up, IMO, let alone comfortable

Well look, I'll give you this, pal - if he does take over - which I'm rather sceptical I admit - then no one will be happier than myself if you are correct. I'm nowhere near as optimistic given the squad, some of the attitudes and our current position and mindset. Whoever comes in is going to have a hell of a job just keeping us up, IMO, let alone comfortable

There is a ery decent squad their that just needs guidance, Mcinnes is more than capable of that.

He had my vote from day one Ranger. But this Matty bloke will take some shiftin'...!! its good of you to weigh in with valuable opinions and hopefully, and inadvertently perhaps, turn one or two around.

Yeovil fans raved about Gary Johnson before he came here and St J fans (and others) are raving about McInnes.

I wonder how many Cardiff fans (or City for that matter) actually believe that Dave Jones can do great things at Ashton Gate?

Just to qualify that, the couple of Cardiff I've spoken to have said he's be a good appointment for us but I get the feeling in quite a condescending way.

Incidentally Cardiff have gone down the route of 'up and coming' manager in Malky McKay (another young'un tipped for great things) and were also interested in McInnes this summer

Yeovil fans raved about Gary Johnson before he came here and St J fans (and others) are raving about McInnes.

I wonder how many Cardiff fans (or City for that matter) actually believe that Dave Jones can do great things at Ashton Gate?

I wonder how many City fans are deluded enough to expect great things anytime soon. Most of us will be happy to survive in The Championship this season, ship out the out of contract leeches next summer and rebuild.

I am gonna have a wild guess here and say, in proportion, far less.

Jones had a turnover of 187 players in 6 years, 93 in and 94 out, how can that be good?. GJ got stick for his turnover of players.

I'll be as pleased as anyone else when this is over - regardless of who it is - and we can move forward (hopefully) with a sense of direction at least, rather than the rudderless meandering we currently have.

Appreciate that Matt, likewise... apart from some of your rants!!!... but i can see where you are coming from. I tend to reply to a lot of those, if at all, with an attempt at humour. You are far from vitriolic compared to some.

Archived