IGNORED

Steve Lansdown.....dont **** It Up

bangers

I just always find it quite funny when people go to a game and because they have spent 30 pounds to get in believe they can tell a Chairman who has pumped in millions into a club, what he should and shouldn't do.

This isn't necessarily Bristol City but anywhere.

It's like at AGM shareholder meetings when you get the old couple with 5 shares hammering the Chairman and CEO of a multi-national.

It's just fking ridiculous.

Some people just don't know their place.

You are a prime example of someone trying to be clever.....but you dont know what your talking about.:clapping:

We all know CS wants Derek Mcinnes to be the new manager.......he has been in charge of the whole process and handled himself in a professional and impressive manner.

Now, we all know SL likes to have his say, rightly so as main investor.....but dont mess it up and go against CS by going for Robins (who apparently you have too much time for)

SL's history on managers is generally poor.....and he has played no part in this recruitment process.....should he be able to overrule CS and make the final decision on the manager????

Thoughts.......???

I love emails that start with "We all know..." and then proceeds to give a purely personal viewpoint based on rumour, speculation and the popular press.

None of us know anything of the kind and when the final decision is made, many people may well be left feeling rather embarassed. Things aren't always how you think they are, and very few people on this forum know anything about what is actually going on. If they did, they might be surprised.

And that is totally arrogant got you to state about peoples place,we may only contribute a small amount,but all clubs need theirs fans

By doing that he is going completely against what he is trying to argue by getting well above his station.

He is a clueless hypocrite.

I just always find it quite funny when people go to a game and because they have spent 30 pounds to get in believe they can tell a Chairman who has pumped in millions into a club, what he should and shouldn't do.

This isn't necessarily Bristol City but anywhere.

It's like at AGM shareholder meetings when you get the old couple with 5 shares hammering the Chairman and CEO of a multi-national.

It's just fking ridiculous.

Some people just don't know their place.

What will be ridiculous is a more than half empty mausoleum at Ashton Vale.

Are you a banker?.

I'm not from Bristol and have never read anything from the EP.....thanks.

You're not missing much although it is available to read on line if you ever get the urge. In fact there is a story on there today that might interest you!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-board-split-appointing-Mark-Robins/story-13580052-detail/story.html

And that is totally arrogant got you to state about peoples place,we may only contribute a small amount,but all clubs need theirs fans

True - however I am merely stating that it become a tad absurd when people who pay 30 pounds per week think they can tell a guy who has paid that multiplied by many hundreds of thousands what he should and shouldn't do.

My point is not that Lansdown has made good or poor decisions in recruiting managers - he has made both. Just that an everyday guy who pays the price of a ticket isn't best placed to tell him what to do at the club.

SL has played no part in the recruitment process.

So to just show upand make a final decision....which, if happens to go against CS, would be wrong.

Pointless in the extreme to drag this out if Robins gets the job would make a mockery of Colin Sexstones position as chairman and another backward cheap jack option as manager, another smack in the face to our so called ambitions seems obvious City can't attract or match a top class manager's wishe's which most fan's already know but Mark Robins !!!! ?????..... Really can't see him turning things around or generating much in the way of crowd support through the gate,really peed off if his name gets appointed back to little old BCFC image.

Pointless in the extreme to drag this out if Robins gets the job would make a mockery of Colin Sexstones position as chairman and another backward cheap jack option as manager, another smack in the face to our so called ambitions seems obvious City can't attract or match a top class manager's wishe's which most fan's already know but Mark Robins !!!! ?????..... Really can't see him turning things around or generating much in the way of crowd support through the gate,really peed off if his name gets appointed back to little old BCFC image.

Top Post.

To put things into perspective, the company i work for are thinking of changing our branch. They are either going to re-lease our premises, buy new bigger premises or build a new purpose built place. Our director is looking at different properties, potential land to build on and is weighing up the cost's, future revenue etc, our owner will have no imput at this stage..... our director will present all oprions to the owner who will make the final decision.

A totally different scenario granted but for Bangers to say that for SL to make the final decision when having no input on the interviews is wrong IMO its the way it works. Abramovich, Dave Whelen Ashley whats him name at Newcastle will be exactly the same.

To put things into perspective, the company i work for are thinking of changing our branch. They are either going to re-lease our premises, buy new bigger premises or build a new purpose built place. Our director is looking at different properties, potential land to build on and is weighing up the cost's, future revenue etc, our owner will have no imput at this stage..... our director will present all oprions to the owner who will make the final decision.

A totally different scenario granted but for Bangers to say that for SL to make the final decision when having no input on the interviews is wrong IMO its the way it works. Abramovich, Dave Whelen Ashley whats him name at Newcastle will be exactly the same.

Totally correct.

When we are hiring for regular Financial Accountants in our team - do you think the Group Finance Director sits in on rounds 1, 2 and 3?

Or do you think he is presented with the final 2 and given a recommendation - which he is then completely within his rights to ignore??

I wonder how some of you live in the world at times!

True - however I am merely stating that it become a tad absurd when people who pay 30 pounds per week think they can tell a guy who has paid that multiplied by many hundreds of thousands what he should and shouldn't do.

My point is not that Lansdown has made good or poor decisions in recruiting managers - he has made both. Just that an everyday guy who pays the price of a ticket isn't best placed to tell him what to do at the club.

Well we are, and if eveyone disagreed with him (which is very unlikely) then a mass boycott of games, or boycott of club mechendise or a boycott of next seasons season tickets would make him sit up.

Of course he could pull the plug, take all his money with his, which he would be entitled to do. But upset your paying audience at your peril. If he was stupid enough to upset the supporters in that way (and I am not suggesting getting a different manager would be enough to upset so many supporters)

Remember, no fans no club, the fans are the club, at this level you cannot exist without them.

His appointment record is awful, one success being Johnson, apart from that it has all be abject failure, of that he cannot deny

Totally correct.

When we are hiring for regular Financial Accountants in our team - do you think the Group Finance Director sits in on rounds 1, 2 and 3?

Or do you think he is presented with the final 2 and given a recommendation - which he is then completely within his rights to ignore??

I wonder how some of you live in the world at times!

Are you trying to piss people off?

edit dont want to get banned.

Lansdown is not the owner, unlike others mentioned above, so he cannot veto if they vote, then there also has to be a descion if it is a show of hands vote or a shares vote, I am not sure what is in place to decide how a vote for a candidate goes.

And I am still waiting to find out how many shares he holds, anyone know? or am i going to have to wastes some of my lunch break trying to find out :)

Are you trying to piss people off?

I suggest an apology and edit of this post unless you want a ban. That is completely out of order Bangers, and you know it. Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't mean you can smash em up.

I suggest an apology and edit of this post unless you want a ban. That is completely out of order Bangers, and you know it. Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't mean you can smash em up.

he is the 1 questioning peoples rights and offending people.

I maybe an everyday sort of guy,but I have paid my entrance fees,and purchased shirts for myself and family for 57 years,long before Lansdown came on the sceneand I strongly object the inference thati should know my place

Look it is just the way things are. If you have paid that amount of money.

I too have paid entrance fees in the decade or so I have gone down there - but lets be honest - add all of that up.

How much do you think that is in comparison to how much Steve Lansdown has put into the club?

1%?

2%?

I am not saying its just you, I would be in the same boat. I also drive down from London to watch the game as well, so thats petrol money too.

No, for saying that we have no right to have an opinion.

But the fact is, youe only saying it cos ur online.

I am quite sure I could continue all day explaining it to you and you still wouldn't get it.

You do have the right to an opinion, as do I, as does anyone else.

However telling a guy who has spent the best part of tens of millions of pounds, that he shouldn't decide the next manager is quite frankly idiotic.

The fact I am able to construct sentences together with reasonable grammar is as a result of my education, not some attempt to be 'up myself' as you put it.

No, your telling us to 'know our place'

Who the **** are you to tell me where my place is?????????????????

Are you above us?

I am telling you that your place is below Steve Lansdown at Bristol City by the mere fact he has spent tens of millions of pounds and you haven't.

I didn't even come into it.

That's what you seem to be struggling to comprehend.

I am quite sure I could continue all day explaining it to you and you still wouldn't get it.

You do have the right to an opinion, as do I, as does anyone else.

However telling a guy who has spent the best part of tens of millions of pounds, that he shouldn't decide the next manager is quite frankly idiotic.

The fact I am able to construct sentences together with reasonable grammar is as a result of my education, not some attempt to be 'up myself' as you put it.

What an absolute ****.

I'm not even gena both about my BA, Masters and PGCE.:clapping:

Archived