IGNORED

What Are People's Thoughts On This?

bangers

I'm sorry but NFL is a terrible example of a better product. How many breaks? Shocking.

Rugby league is an interesting example of franchising withing Europe.

Each club applies for a licence to play in Super League and have to meet certain criteria - average gate, facilities, community involvement and youth development are some of these.

I could certainly see that happening IF there was a breakaway. I suspect in reality the top clubs will be given the international broadcasting rights they're desperate for, even if it end up just being for Internet broadcasts.

+1, the NFL is totally the wrong example of how to run a sport. Its a franchise, and didnt the raiders once play on the east cost now a california based team.

As I understand it, 14 out of 20 clubs in the the premiershit have to agree to it, for that to happen. It will kill the bloated corpse that is English football (along with Welsh & Scotish game as well) because it would be an international league, and very very few English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish & Northern Irish players would get into the private memebers clubs. British football would be finished internationally, and the standard in the remaining English & Scottish clubs (Make no mistake Rangers & Celtic would be part of the farce, without a doubt) would drop away, along with gates, money, and interest.

The USA only has college football outside the NFL and other franchise organizers. Would pretty much happen in most of our game, cities like Bristol, Sheffield, Birmingham, London, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Leeds, Norwich, Cardiff, Swansea, Ipswich, Southampton, Portsmouth, Edinburgh,the remaining North East, & North West cities, not involved, would be where the game would survive, with gates down to hard core gates, with few pay on the dayers bothering. like it or not, those sort of fan, are the difference for clubs fianancial survival.

for those of us who hark back to the 80's constantly this would be the reality.

As it happens I suspect this wont happen, as the FA has the whip hand on European places.

However I do think the G14 clubs will break away from the rest for said franchise ideals. Apart from the UK, it wont actually change the leagues too much, but with at least four sides in that group...

Archived