IGNORED

The Most Frustrating Part About Our Current Position

BCFC Jordan

Whoever the new manager will be, whether it's O'Neill or Robins, they will have a huge task on their hands. A lot of people seem to believe that a new manager will come into the club and suddenly the team will magically start playing beautiful football and we will proceed to rise up through the table. The fact is our position is looking bleak and in order to escape, we must go on several winning runs like we did last season which is much easier said than done.

Having said all this I honestly believe we have a top half Championship side on paper when all players are playing to the best of their ability and if we do get relegated, it'll certainly be a long long time before we have a team consisting of players with the same ability as Maynard, Albert, Pitman etc again.

Going back to the title of this thread though, the main thing that is frustrating to me, is the fact that we actually deserve to win or at least get a draw in the majority of games we lose. It'd almost be more acceptable that we were bottom if we just allowing teams to beat us with ease (ignore Blackpool away) every week.

Games we could/should of got more points from

Ipswich (H) - This game ended up 3-0 but if we had cut out the ridiculous defensive mistakes it'd of been at least a draw.

Portsmouth (H) - Draw was probably fair, but if we'd of got a little luck in the last five minutes we'd of easily scored a winning goal.

Brighton (H) - Another game where we didn't deserve a loss at all. We matched Brighton with everything until a stupid defensive mistake at set pieces.

Leeds (A) - A game that we dominated and still managed to lose to ten men.

Reading (H) - Don't even have to say anything about this one.

Blackpool (A) - No doubt the most ridiculous of my claims but I can't help but think, if the team had a little more confidence in themselves/the manager we would of done something much more worthwhile with the 59% possesion we had.

Peterborough (H) - Yet another game we didn't deserve to lose at all, and with a bit more confidence and luck would of won.

In conclusion we really can't be a bad side, if we're dominating so many games. However it seems like the players just have no belief and the amount of luck we've got this year is minimal. Our team of players really isn't that bad but despite the manager saying it before every game this season, we still don't cut out silly defensive mistakes. Like I said, it makes for a much more frustrating time for a fan, when it's clear your not a bottom of the table side but it doesn't look like the situation is going to change any time soon with the luck we have at present.

Apologies for the length of this, and I understand it's not really a debatable topic. I just simply wanted to express my views on how frustrating this season has been.

Whoever the new manager will be, whether it's O'Neill or Robins, they will have a huge task on their hands. A lot of people seem to believe that a new manager will come into the club and suddenly the team will magically start playing beautiful football and we will proceed to rise up through the table. The fact is our position is looking bleak and in order to escape, we must go on several winning runs like we did last season which is much easier said than done.

Having said all this I honestly believe we have a top half Championship side on paper when all players are playing to the best of their ability and if we do get relegated, it'll certainly be a long long time before we have a team consisting of players with the same ability as Maynard, Albert, Pitman etc again.

Going back to the title of this thread though, the main thing that is frustrating to me, is the fact that we actually deserve to win or at least get a draw in the majority of games we lose. It'd almost be more acceptable that we were bottom if we just allowing teams to beat us with ease (ignore Blackpool away) every week.

Ipswich (H) - This game ended up 3-0 but if we had cut out the ridiculous defensive mistakes it'd of been at least a draw.

Portsmouth (H) - Draw was probably fair, but if we'd of got a little luck in the last five minutes we'd of easily scored a winning goal.

Brighton (H) - Another game where we didn't deserve a loss at all. We matched Brighton with everything until a stupid defensive mistake at set pieces.

Blackpool (A) - No doubt the most ridiculous of my claims but I can't help but think, if the team had a little more confidence in themselves/the manager we would of done something much more worthwhile with the 59% possesion we had.

Peterborough (H) - Yet another game we didn't deserve to lose at all, and with a bit more confidence and luck would of won.

In conclusion we really can't be a bad side, if we're dominating so many games. However it seems like the players just have no belief and the amount of luck we've got this year is minimal. Our team of players really isn't that bad but despite the manager saying it before every game this season, we still don't cut out silly defensive mistakes. Like I said, it makes for a much more frustrating time for a fan, when it's clear your not a bottom of the table side but it doesn't look like the situation is going to change any time soon with the luck we have at present.

Apologies for the length of this, and I understand it's not really a debatable topic. I just simply wanted to express my views on how frustrating this season has been.

Football is all about ifs and buts.

We are where we are on merit.

It's a fair point, but teams that go up win games they don't deserve to and teams that go down lose games they don't deserve to. That is the harsh reality.

I said something similar after the game on Saturday. I am not overly concerned at the moment, because we are not adrift at the bottom and have plenty of time to turn things around. It is true that we are were we are, largely because of stupid individual errors thoughout the season so far.

The only thing that is slightly concerning is the fact that in most cases (bar these indiviual errors) we have not been playing too badly - and that begs the question, how much room for improvement is there?

Agree with you points. Alot of things went against Millen and there is alot of games we should have got points from. Sadly we didn't.

Millen proved to get very little luck during his spell and between squad morale, injuries, contract issues, crap signed by past managers alot of things did go against him,

Think his appointment was right, but it came at the wrong time for him, you rarely get a job at a club that's doing great.

He took the risk and it sadly backfired, that said I'm not overly concerned about our position.

I said something similar after the game on Saturday. I am not overly concerned at the moment, because we are not adrift at the bottom and have plenty of time to turn things around. It is true that we are were we are, largely because of stupid individual errors thoughout the season so far.

The only thing that is slightly concerning is the fact that in most cases (bar these indiviual errors) we have not been playing too badly - and that begs the question, how much room for improvement is there?

I would say on the taking of opportuities. The chances seem to be there but are just not tucked away.

Sorry - i take a different view.

We're losing - even when we play well.

I don't see it changing by tommorrow and it will then be 12 games gone with 6 pts

50 points needed to stay in this league, so 44 points needed from 34 games

I'm surprised people are being so complacent.

Last year there were at least 3 worse teams tha us and I was never worried about

relegation, Scunny, Sheff Utd & Preston were dire and Donnie were poor along with Palace

who were in turmoil following administration.

This year I don't see 3 worse teams than us - sure the new manager may give us a boost

and turn it around but it's still a lot to do and the necessary improvement has yet to start.

CR

Sorry - i take a different view.

We're losing - even when we play well.

I don't see it changing by tomorrow and it will then be 12 games gone with 6 pts

50 points needed to stay in this league, so 44 points needed from 34 games

I'm surprised people are being so complacent.

This year I don't see 3 worse teams than us - sure the new manager may give us a boost and turn it around but it's still a lot to do and the necessary improvement has yet to start.

CR

Spot on.

I'm hoping Doncaster, Millwall, Watford and Coventry might be those sides we could catch but I don't know as we haven't played any of them at AG.

As my old man said to me yesterday we already have to play like a top half of the table side just to stay up.

Does anyone honestly think they've been watching one so far?

Archived