IGNORED

An Unknown Quantity

Red_Mat

I'm always interested in the fluid and changing nature of football squads and how players must work with hundreds of different players and coaches throughout their career.

For example, I noticed someone on here said they spoke to Scott Murray today who said he would be happy to see Mark Robins get the job having played with him - the same, I guess, could probably be said of Louis Carey.

I can't find any other City players who would have played alongside Robins, but Ryan Taylor would have had experience of playing under him during his time at Rotherham - I'm sure it would be useful to hear what he had to say about him.

As would Jamal Campbell-Ryce who, given he was sold by Robins after being frozen put, probably doesn't have many positive things to say about him.

As for Derek McInnes, he's much more of an unknown quantity. As for as I can see none of our squad have played under him, which is unsurprising given he's managed for such a short time and in Scotland.

And I can only find one current player who's played alongside him: Marvin Elliott. They spent one season playing alongside each other at Millwall (although McInnes appears to have only started 13 games that season).

It would be interesting to know what those players are currently saying in the dressing rooms about their former team-mates/managers and potential future manager...

I would prefer a manager with little or no links with the club... A clean slate!

To be fair I doubt Robins' 6 game loan spell over eight years ago is a factor in him making the final shortlist.

Both candidates are sufficient of a break from the past for me.

The original post was nothing to do with whether the two potential managers know the club - it was to do with whether any of the players had worked with and knew the two potential candidates. And how/whether they got on with them.

For example, as I already pointed out, I suspect Jamal Campbell-Ryce might find it hard to get a game if Mark Robins gets the job.

However, in general both managers are unknown quantities to a large degree - even Mark Robins, as only three of the current squad have played with or under him.

Archived