IGNORED

Trains From Bristol Parkway

Guest theoldinn

Guest theoldinn

I have been told that in addition to the schedualed trains, there are to be 2 extra trains that will start from Parkway on Sunday. Does anyone know what times they will be ?????

Come on lads this is the year for us, you know you can do it !!!!!!!!!!

I was advised to drive to Newport and then get the shuttle to cardiff central, the other way around this is is to get at parkway dead early :sub:
I'm tempted to get the 850 am from Bristol Parkway-is that likely to be too busy to get on do you reckon?! Just wanna get there?! Hoping if I wait around in Cardiff for a few hours say 9ish or whatever the trains won't be too full to get back!

I'm tempted to get the 850 am from Bristol Parkway-is that likely to be too busy to get on do you reckon?! Just wanna get there?! Hoping if I wait around in Cardiff for a few hours say 9ish or whatever the trains won't be too full to get back!
I booked tickets for the 10.07am train but have changed my mind to get the 8.50 train as that is the only train not coming from paddington so there should be quite a few empty seats

Guest bradleystoke_red

I had some fun at Parkway booking office. Gashead behind the counter!! Decided he'd be funny by innocently asking what was going on on Sunday. I told him he wouldn't understand. Millenium Stadium, big place, fans numbered in thousands (not hundreds) and a place where BIG teams go to win things - AAAAAHHHHH

Firmly put in his place he then explained that even though I was booking to go on the 13:30 train (pushing it, but got morning committments) I couldn;t be guaranteed a place on that train because......well, just because. When I pushed a bit more, he said it was because they didn;t know how many people would be on the train.

Now, I know train transport isn't in my area of expertise, but there does seem to be quite an easy way to work this out - Each train has 900 Seats - each with it's own unique number!! So, you sell tickets for each train until you run out of seats!! Having purchased my ticket (and therefore my seat), I rest easy.

It's not a foreign concept - planes, football stadia, london eye etc etc have been doing for years!!

Man, I'm in the wrong job. (end of rant) :sub:

Guest city 'till i die

Our train tickets are for the 11.30 train from Paddington. If Brigton fans are on one, that'll be the one they'll be on.

Not very good organisation from the train companies.

:)

Guest smarty

Doesn't matter what train you booked for as it's first come first on. There are no reserved seats and I think the wessex trains from parkway first call at temple meads so they will be full before they get to Parkway.

Looks like standing room only on the trains from paddington! A disaster waiting to happen.

I hope I'm wrong but get a feeling the trains will be a right balls up.

See you all in Cardiff. :(

Archived