IGNORED

Just Got Back From The Game - My Thoughts...?

bangers

James - ABSOLUTELY AWFUL, Nearly got lobbed after rushing out, missed crosses, and his kicking was TERRIBLE......he looked all over the place (be interesting to see what commentary were saying)?????

Skuse - SUPERB.....Solid, paassed well and got forward........LOOKED AT EASE

Nyatanga - SUPERB.....PENALTY WAS AN AWFUL DECISION.....solid all night, great blocks, carried Stewart

Stewart - SHAKEY....positioning was bad, got donea few times, thought Murray had the better of him

McGivern - Given a torrid time all night by Zaha, run all over the place, BAD NIGHT

JCR - Tricky, neat and tidy, looked a threat.....little end product

Elliott - ANONYMOUS>......WAS HE EVEN PLAYING???? ABSOLUTE CRAP

Kilkenny - Good on the ball, always looking for the right pass, always in the game.....NO MOVEMENT

CIsse - BROKE UP PLAY WELL, DID A GOOD JOB.......Why was he left out by MILLEN??????

Adomah - Very quiet, came alive more in 2nd half but little end product

Maynard - ISOLATED.....LONG BALLS HOOFED UP FRONT?!?!?!?! What can he do????

Pitman - missed a decent chance, did nothing

Taylor - AGAIN LOOKED good.....LOOKS LIKE A FIND

We created nothing, but dominated possesion in the 2nd half, AWFUL penalty decision, he went down 30 seconds after the tackle!!!!!!! We DIDNT DESERVE to lose,,,,,apart from a 15 min spell in the 1st half Palace created NOTHING.......

And Glad that BCFC "fan" at the back of the stand got ejected.....******* ******

just got back (to surrey) agree with most of that but if you remember andy cole played up front on his jack a lot and still managed the odd goal. NM nowhere near that quality. If you play for nil nil thats the most you are going to get. one soft header on target and one shot off target. Thats as good as it got. Bring on del boy

just got back (to surrey) agree with most of that but if you remember andy cole played up front on his jack a lot and still managed the odd goal. NM nowhere near that quality. If you play for nil nil thats the most you are going to get. one soft header on target and one shot off target. Thats as good as it got. Bring on del boy

where r u in surrey mate?

We were crap granted, that penalty decision was TERRIBLE.

Agree on Maynard. Admittedly he was feeding off scraps but he was pretty poor this evening. Playing long ball with NM up front on his own is madness, he clearly isn't a traditional centre forward and McCarthy+Gardner had the easiest nights of their careers. I am back in Surrey too, at least I didn't have to travel back to Bristol after that shocking decision. We didn't do much but deserved a point.

Finally someone else gets the Kilkenny thing - he is a decent player, streets ahead of LJ who he is constantly compared to but unlike him, he won't just abdicate resonsiblity by immediately getting rid of the ball but it is very likely that you WILL get caught in possession if you are looking for non existant movement. Once we actually get some, we will see his worth...

You weren't the worst team I've seen this season - at times you played some decent stuff along the floor, but then despite that there just didn't seem to be any confidence or courage when going forward.

We were pretty poor as well, but we've played better this season and lost, so...

The penalty decision I'm not sure about, I was (sort of) in front of it in the Holmesdale, and to me it looked like Williams did get his feet clipped, but not 100%.

Ref was abysmal.

I think with a new manager with a positive outlook and a bit of an uplift in feeling you might be OK.

And yes, very poor attendance (saw on another thread a comment on that), I don't know what else the club can do to get people in :( We have some of the cheapest match tickets in the league - possibly the cheapest.

You weren't the worst team I've seen this season - at times you played some decent stuff along the floor, but then despite that there just didn't seem to be any confidence or courage when going forward.

We were pretty poor as well, but we've played better this season and lost, so...

The penalty decision I'm not sure about, I was (sort of) in front of it in the Holmesdale, and to me it looked like Williams did get his feet clipped, but not 100%.

Ref was abysmal.

I think with a new manager with a positive outlook and a bit of an uplift in feeling you might be OK.

And yes, very poor attendance (saw on another thread a comment on that), I don't know what else the club can do to get people in :( We have some of the cheapest match tickets in the league - possibly the cheapest.

Nice to hear a balanced view - cheers mate. Unlike some moron who posted on here earlier.

You've got a cracking core support, sing more than the average home support. I think you look like a midtable side but with some decent youngsters. If we can emulate that I'd be very happy.

I fear for us this year but hope the new man can turn it around. All the best for the season (even though it was never a pen!)

Finally someone else gets the Kilkenny thing - he is a decent player, streets ahead of LJ who he is constantly compared to but unlike him, he won't just abdicate resonsiblity by immediately getting rid of the ball but it is very likely that you WILL get caught in possession if you are looking for non existant movement. Once we actually get some, we will see his worth...

Sounds like Martin Kuhl, he was used to being the playmaker in a decent team with defence-splitting passes and came here and had no-one running on to his precision passes.

"And after all, weve got Martin Kuhl" (Wonderwall)

Agree with most of the original post. Nothing much to add on the City player ratings.

The Palace winger, Zaha, looked a fantastic player at times. A Premier League player in a League 1 game. I remember a mate telling me about him a couple of years back, when Palace played us in the FA Youth Cup (I think?) I'm guessing he won't be at Palace for too much longer.

Palace were mostly poor. I was expecting them to be better. Though maybe they realised they didn't need to play that well to beat us.

What was that guy chucked out for by the way? Didn't see.

This has been going on for years and years Luke Wilkshire had the same problem, trouble is footballers like this are too quick thinking for the team around them and when wingers don't stay out wide and only having one option up front it creates issues.

I posted this as a separate post but here it is as a reply!!!!

Lads looked understandably short on confidence, and the tactics - 4-5-1 - were not clever as first 20 mins spent hoofing the ball up to Maynard, which was frankly a shocking waste. Once we got the ball down things improved and we played OK, but lack of confidence shown by lack of risk taking by all players.

Anyway - ratings:

James - kicking very shaky but made a couple of good saves - I'm not a fan and the sooner we can get him off the wage bill, the better - 6

Skuse - apart from the odd errant ball and a slight lack of pace at full back had a good game, some good reading of the game; probably City's best player - 8

Stewart - looked slow and caught out a couple of times - 6

Nyatana - did little wrong and distribution useful; penalty looked a poor decision - 7

McGivern - surprisingly poor for a Premier League youngster, lacked pace and too often outfoxed - positioning poor - 4

Cisse - won the ball well and used it intelligently - did little exceptional but few mistakes - 7

Elliott - didn't show the leadership and example required of a captain, not enough quality on the ball - a spent force? - 5

Kilkenny - showed good touches, couple of timely interceptions, got deeper as the game went on but generally lively - 7

JCR - a little anonymous on the left in the first half but very good in second, should have taken a dive for a pen late on :laughcont: - 7

Adomah - a couple of lively runs but service poor - 6

Maynard - frustrated by shocking service, didn't see much of the ball and no real attempts on goal; petulant booking as well - 6

Subs:

Pitman - looked lively, had a good chance with a header and should have done better - 6

Taylor - looks a real find, nice movement, showed well and good touch - if he'd been on earlier with Maynard we might have caused palarse more problems - 7

All in all, a disappointing result and much work to do, but there is promise. I think we need to let James and Maynard go and use the money saved to bolster other areas - predominatly central defence and left back/left mid. But all is not lost!

Ref was abysmal.

Fair do's, seems a balanced view - would have been interesting to see the penalty incident from the home end, looked total bo11ocks from my birds-eye and totally unbiased viewpoint :laughcont:

Oh also, if I was David James I'd consider retirement after that performance! WTF! To think he used to represent our country surrender.gif It was actually funny at times.

Bang on Greg!

I've been thinking that in virtually every game I've seen him play this season. Got to say if he's got any pride, he should offer to tear up his contract, as he's costing us shed loads and we're getting next to nothing back. He should be comfortably off now, so does he really need to go out and embarrass himself every week if he doesn't need to and he's certainly intelligent enough to know he's single-handedly cost us a lot of points already this season.

It isn't just an age thing, as I well remember watching Terry Cooper and Norman Hunter playing for City and seeing their class shining through. Even though they had slowed, their reading of the game was that much better with experience, meaning they would more than hold their own with far younger opponents. In David James case, his ability to produce calamities seems the only thing to have increased with age.

Very sad and embarrassing end to a top career imho.

Bang on Greg!

I've been thinking that in virtually every game I've seen him play this season. Got to say if he's got any pride, he should offer to tear up his contract, as he's costing us shed loads and we're getting next to nothing back. He should be comfortably off now, so does he really need to go out and embarrass himself every week if he doesn't need to and he's certainly intelligent enough to know he's single-handedly cost us a lot of points already this season.

It isn't just an age thing, as I well remember watching Terry Cooper and Norman Hunter playing for City and seeing their class shining through. Even though they had slowed, their reading of the game was that much better with experience, meaning they would more than hold their own with far younger opponents. In David James case, his ability to produce calamities seems the only thing to have increased with age.

Very sad and embarrassing end to a top career imho.

Add Jordan to that list!

Fair do's, seems a balanced view - would have been interesting to see the penalty incident from the home end, looked total bo11ocks from my birds-eye and totally unbiased viewpoint :laughcont:

Well, I was in the stand in front of where it happened, I wasn't sure exactly what happened, but to me it did look like your bloke did actually clip his feet. It is possible Williams did go down a bit too easy, but I think the way the ref was going something like that was going to happen. Think about it - Williams would've known how erratic and stupid the referee was being, slight contact in the box, he may as well try it?

If it was a dive though, I'd hope that (in private) Freedman will have a word with him and make it clear to him not to do it - it's not good to see and not good for the game. I'd like to think it wasn't though - the few matches he's played before he's not done anything of the sort so I hope it doesn't become habit.

Archived