IGNORED

My First Game This Season

Red_Jim

Hi everyone - due to living in London as a 25-year-old on piss poor money I can't get to watch my beloved City much anymore. My first game this season was tonight at Palace, a short trip away for me.

Firstly, the penalty- never in a million years. The bloke dived and a Palace fan agreed with me when I was chatting to me after the game.

My thoughts on City:

Nyatanga and Stewart - solid - Nyatanga in particular looked very composed.

Cisse and Kilkenny got through a lot of good defensive work in midfield - but never in a million years is Kilkenny a creative midfielder. However, I was impressed with the way he controlled possession and I think he's a useful player.

Nicky Maynard was completely isolated- that formation was never going to offer him anything - I fail to see what Wigley has offered City in his time here, the defensive, negative tactics were dreadful. We never ever looked like scoring. We didn't get the ball to Adomah and Maynard had absolutely nothing to work with. Also, Pitman on the bench - what a joke, the guy, in 10 minutes got on the end of a ball in, had a header on target and offered for the ball excellently. He simply has to start regularly.

Campbell Ryce did the simple things well but never looked like creating anything - I think we must find a better alternative on the left (transfer market, loan signing?).

McGivern was absolutely dreadful -got skinned countless times and just backed off time and time again. I'd prefer McAllister (despite his flaws) when fit. We desperately need a new left back.

And the goalkeeper- James is a liability, he almost gave a goal away passing it out of the area and completely missed another cross. A new keeper is essential or we will simply not stay up. (Gerken is never the answer in a million years either).

The new man (I hope its McInnes) has his work cut out but he has to get the team playing a more positive brand of football. We need to play at a higher tempo and this negative approach is doing us no good. The players look short on confidence and need someone to put some enjoyment back into their play.

The City fans tonight were good and gave the team a good reception at the final whistle (which they deserved for a committed performance). I'm not sure if we have enough to stay up, but one thing's for sure- if we get this appointment wrong then we will go down.

Overall it was great to be at a game again, shouting and screaming, but we're definitely in big trouble. Whoever is appointed this week, we need to get fully behind them and keep believing. I hope this is our lowest point now and we can turn our season around. 21st would be a positive outcome from the mess we are currently in.

Fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow or Thursday.

CTID.

Hi everyone - due to living in London as a 25-year-old on piss poor money I can't get to watch my beloved City much anymore. My first game this season was tonight at Palace, a short trip away for me.

Firstly, the penalty- never in a million years. The bloke dived and a Palace fan agreed with me when I was chatting to me after the game.

My thoughts on City:

Nyatanga and Stewart - solid - Nyatanga in particular looked very composed.

Cisse and Kilkenny got through a lot of good defensive work in midfield - but never in a million years is Kilkenny a creative midfielder. However, I was impressed with the way he controlled possession and I think he's a useful player.

Nicky Maynard was completely isolated- that formation was never going to offer him anything - I fail to see what Wigley has offered City in his time here, the defensive, negative tactics were dreadful. We never ever looked like scoring. We didn't get the ball to Adomah and Maynard had absolutely nothing to work with. Also, Pitman on the bench - what a joke, the guy, in 10 minutes got on the end of a ball in, had a header on target and offered for the ball excellently. He simply has to start regularly.

Campbell Ryce did the simple things well but never looked like creating anything - I think we must find a better alternative on the left (transfer market, loan signing?).

McGivern was absolutely dreadful -got skinned countless times and just backed off time and time again. I'd prefer McAllister (despite his flaws) when fit. We desperately need a new left back.

And the goalkeeper- James is a liability, he almost gave a goal away passing it out of the area and completely missed another cross. A new keeper is essential or we will simply not stay up. (Gerken is never the answer in a million years either).

The new man (I hope its McInnes) has his work cut out but he has to get the team playing a more positive brand of football. We need to play at a higher tempo and this negative approach is doing us no good. The players look short on confidence and need someone to put some enjoyment back into their play.

The City fans tonight were good and gave the team a good reception at the final whistle (which they deserved for a committed performance). I'm not sure if we have enough to stay up, but one thing's for sure- if we get this appointment wrong then we will go down.

Overall it was great to be at a game again, shouting and screaming, but we're definitely in big trouble. Whoever is appointed this week, we need to get fully behind them and keep believing. I hope this is our lowest point now and we can turn our season around. 21st would be a positive outcome from the mess we are currently in.

Fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow or Thursday.

CTID.

where were u sitting mate, i was at the back in the standing crowd.

James was horrendous!!!!

Ref was awful

Maynard was completely isolated......

I was sat about 15 rows back from the front, by the pillar. I completely lost it at the penalty decision - though I don't think I was alone! Good noise from back there.

Took two workmates with me (Chelsea and Arsenal fans) but they enjoyed it - amazingly, after half an hour of watching City, they could see the problems we've all been talking about for months!

Didn't feel we deserved to lose tonight, but that's the way it always goes when you're down the bottom.

Archived