IGNORED

Dear Mr New Manager

Dear Del, (I'm assuming its you)

First of all, I must apologise because as you can see, there is an awful lot of anger and frustration on here tonight folllowing another defeat.

Its only natural I suppose bearing in mind the predicament that we find ourselves but hopefully, you will have noted that it is mostly aimed at the board for their inaction when most of us could see that the previous manager wasn't up to the job resulting in us being in this mess and to be frank, the board deserves that one fair and square so I do hope that they have apologised to you for setting you this challenge.

Some of the flack is also aimed at the players but it is my belief that the brittle underbelly that we are currently displaying is a direct result of having a total lack of leadership and direction from off the pitch form the previous emcumbant. Although there are some on here that would also consign a lot of the squad to the scrapheap, these people clearly don't understand good man management and how important it is. This is NOT a poor squad, it has just been badly mismanaged to the extent that their confidence is at a low ebb right now..

This is why the vast majority of us wanted you to be hired, we need a new and strong leader with experience and pedigree who's been there at the top level and can galvanise the squad into achieving the 60 plus points per season that it has managed in the last 4 years in this division. A lot of us believe that you are the man to do this which is why you were massively our first choice for the job..

My aim for this season is obviously to remain in this division, anything more would be an added bonus. To build on this, the most important thing that must happen is for the team to start playing attractive football again. We have had 3 years of deteriorating stuff which got especially bad in the last 18 months to the point where turning up was almost a chore, a duty. We need decent football again and the fans will get right behind you if you provide it but we are a bit rusty at that at the moment as we are not used to it.. Build on this year on year and make us able to challenge and the world really is your oyster.

A word of warning, I think most of us are realistic enough to realise that you face a tough job and we aren't going to win the next 15 games on the bounce - for most of us, a steady improvement in the quality of football and to pull away from the drop zone will be fine for this year but I should tell you that there was a small minority who did not want your appointment who will be anxiously sharpening their knifes if we don't stuff everyone 6-0 -please just ignore them,. Of course, if we make the play-offs this year, you will immediately become honorary anything you like...!

Good luck and welcome to the club...

If McInnie's can keep us up this season, the man is a hero as far as I'm concerned. He will have everyones backing this summer if he achieves that.

But if he can't do that. I hope the city fans and the board back him next summer because he will need it with some of us lot.

Really is looking like Del so welcome to him

Archived