IGNORED

Points Required To Stay Up

Snufflelufagus

Well for me we need approx 55 points give or take a couple. That to me equates to 11 homes wins out of 17, 4 away wins and 4 draws out of 17. To me survival very much depends on home form. Question is can we win 11 out of 17 at home?

Last year we had 6 points from 11 games and got to 60 points. This year we have 6 points from 12 games so it is possible. You forgot either home or away draws.

Lets say Home 17 games to play - W7, D6, L4. Away 17 games to play W4, D6, L7 - that would give us 45 points plus 6 = 51 points. It's really not outrageous - solid mid-table form should be enough to just about stay up. Obviously we would like to do a bit better than that.

Last year we had 6 points from 11 games and got to 60 points. This year we have 6 points from 12 games so it is possible. You forgot either home or away draws.

Lets say Home 17 games to play - W7, D6, L4. Away 17 games to play W4, D6, L7 - that would give us 45 points plus 6 = 51 points. It's really not outrageous - solid mid-table form should be enough to just about stay up. Obviously we would like to do a bit better than that.

Lets hope so !

I'm not really keen on this thing of working out how many points are needed, and as somebody has said above we were almost in as bad a position last year.

What we need now is to win a few games, get out of the relegation zone, and then take it from there (and hopefully then do at least marginally better for the rest of the season than the teams that are then below us)

Archived