IGNORED

St John's Board

Tomo

:laugh:, not anyway to run a football club really is it. And when you have to make a decison about the future of the football club because the major investor buggers off on holiday. If I was St Johnstone and was messed around like that I would refuse permission to speak to him again.

It's plain wrong

Absolutely vital if true that McInnes becomes the most important person at the club with full executive power to hire, fire etc etc....,

Tough position for all at Ashton Gate if he calls all the big decisions - in my experience you tend to get a medieval court type situation with fuzzy lines of power and cronyism. Sort it out Del boy and don't be afraid to challenge the accepted norm!!!!

I'm glad he's got the job as I hope he'll say stuff people don't want to hear!!

What a total shambles. It's no wonder we're bottom of the league with all this mismanagement - the board couldn't run a bath.

I hope McInnes is given licence to run the club as he wants and is given autonomy on the running of the entire playing side, including all levels of coaching.

At the moment the club is embarassing - things need to change and the new man has a big job on his hands - let's hope he can galvanise us all like Gary Johnson did, because that's what we need right now.

This sits well with what I was told about the board last night.

Apparently Sexstone is merely a puppet and doesn't have the confidence to make any decisions without going through SL.

He paniced over the Millen situation and called up SL who came over for the Blackpool game and made the final call.

You have to ask, if SL has such an influence - what is the point in having Sexstone acting as 'Chairman' and then having Guy Price beneath him?

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23498984/

A bit critical of our selection process !

So if this is true, there was us all thinking the delay was due to contract negotiations going on prior to the announcement, when in fact our board still hadn't even decided who they wanted!

Now that is pretty ridiculous and doesn't bode well for when big decisions are needed in the future.

The David Woods series of books is a great idea. I helped him with some of the record compiling. He is a bit narked because Bristol City are the only club in the country that has such a comprehensive published record of every match since the club were formed (including the line-ups and scorers of City and their opponents + short match reports and positions of both teams in the table) but the club don't publicize this fact. Even Manchester United does not have such a comprehensive published account of its history.

Apparently Sexstone is merely a puppet and doesn't have the confidence to make any decisions without going through SL.

He paniced over the Millen situation and called up SL who came over for the Blackpool game and made the final call.

You have to ask, if SL has such an influence - what is the point in having Sexstone acting as 'Chairman' and then having Guy Price beneath him?

So SL can live in guernsey...

Their chairman knows as much about the selection process as the evening post. The only people who know the inside story as such are those on the panel; say SL does make the final call (certainly if he had the casting vote, that would go with selection panels across the modern world), McInnes would not be made aware that the board were waiting to hear back from him if it is so unprofessional as is made out. I don't need to remind you these people, SteveL especially, have all been successful businessmen before their time at City.

Their chairman knows as much about the selection process as the evening post. The only people who know the inside story as such are those on the panel; say SL does make the final call (certainly if he had the casting vote, that would go with selection panels across the modern world), McInnes would not be made aware that the board were waiting to hear back from him if it is so unprofessional as is made out. I don't need to remind you these people, SteveL especially, have all been successful businessmen before their time at City.

Exactly.

That piece is just a cobbled together article based largely on the opinion/asumption of the St Johnstone chairman, who does not know anything about the selection process at Bristol city.

COYR

Steve left the board and shouldn't be involved in any decisions. He left a new board in place to run the club - let them run the club! If he is unhappy then he should bring it up at the AGM as majority shareholder I assume he could reappoint himself as chairman if he wanted to be involved as much as it sometimes appears he has been.

Sextoy needs to have a quite word and politely ask him to stop overstepping his mandate.

Steve left the board and shouldn't be involved in any decisions. He left a new board in place to run the club - let them run the club! If he is unhappy then he should bring it up at the AGM as majority shareholder I assume he could reappoint himself as chairman if he wanted to be involved as much as it sometimes appears he has been.

Sextoy needs to have a quite word and politely ask him to stop overstepping his mandate.

Disagree.

Sexstone was always going to be responsible for the day to day running and SL for the major decisions - afterall its SL who puts his money where his mouth is.

This decision is major and I cant blame SL for wanting to have a input - Its clear that Sexstone has been in charge for the process and has been involved in the decision.

Steve Lansdown is still the owner, the major investor and person to turn to swallow up club losses. He is obviously going to have the call on the biggest decisions. Sexstone is in charge of the day to day business and operation of the club. Not all executives and chairman have complete authority, many act as in our case with investors/shareholders or owners being consulted for the biggest decisions.

Steve Lansdown is still the owner, the major investor and person to turn to swallow up club losses. He is obviously going to have the call on the biggest decisions. Sexstone is in charge of the day to day business and operation of the club. Not all executives and chairman have complete authority, many act as in our case with investors/shareholders or owners being consulted for the biggest decisions.

Just sounds like we effectively have 2 chief execs, Sexy and Price?

Disagree.

Sexstone was always going to be responsible for the day to day running and SL for the major decisions - afterall its SL who puts his money where his mouth is.

This decision is major and I cant blame SL for wanting to have a input - Its clear that Sexstone has been in charge for the process and has been involved in the decision.

Exactly. Sexstone despite some people's view, is VERY good at the busy side of running the club, anyone whose been to any of the Stadium hearings/meetings will know that he is a very clever man, however on football matters he's still learning his way and for major decisions rightly has gone to Lansdown.

There is a number of very good BUSINESSMEN on the board, however not enough football minded people, Lansdown

I've said it before but we needed to get an old head on board, not so much a director of football, but someone to over see things as a link between the board, management and the youth setup,

Bobby Gould has been working with the club recently, he's a wise old head and lives local, someone with his epxerience in football would be great to help the board learn from.

I like the previous poster about a football head on the board but not a director of football.

I was at Old Trafford in 89?? - they lost at home to Palace who had Wright and Bright up front - Fergie recalls it as his low point. Fans with banners chanting Fergie out etc etc. His greatest ally on the board??

Bobby Charlton

So it can work that idea - my suggestion would be (and I'm serious)

Gerry Gow

Archived