IGNORED

Cunning Plan

handsofclayOLD

For some time I have somewhat doubted that City did have two final candidates to interview at the start of this week. Sexstone placed Wigley in charge for two matches and said that the new manager would be installed after that. Had Robins been a candidate, surely he could've taken over for the Palace match.

I reckon Del was chosen last week and that a package was then agreed with St Johnstone, whereupon an official approach was made and granted. Robins, or even O'Driscoll (hence his appearance at the Gate on Saturday) were possibly lined up in case negotiations with Del broke down.

For instance, Del was seen being shown around the ground on Monday, but Robins wasn't. And it seems odd that we would approach a club just to interview a manager. Usually, an approach is made to talk terms with a manager, not simply to interview him and then possibly reject him. I've stated elsewhere, how would we feel if our manager was interviewed for the Newcastle job and then didn't get it?

So I reckon this two men in the frame biz was a cunning plan to act as a smokescreen to conduct negotiations with McInnes. Usually, tricksters like to have a laugh on those whose eyes they are pulling the wool over by giving them a clue. In this case I reckon they were letting slip that a cunning plan was underway by the appearance of Baldrick on the club's website.

BTW, I don't mind the board doing this, as they have got the right man.

For some time I have somewhat doubted that City did have two final candidates to interview at the start of this week. Sexstone placed Wigley in charge for two matches and said that the new manager would be installed after that. Had Robins been a candidate, surely he could've taken over for the Palace match.

I reckon Del was chosen last week and that a package was then agreed with St Johnstone, whereupon an official approach was made and granted. Robins, or even O'Driscoll (hence his appearance at the Gate on Saturday) were possibly lined up in case negotiations with Del broke down.

For instance, Del was seen being shown around the ground on Monday, but Robins wasn't. And it seems odd that we would approach a club just to interview a manager. Usually, an approach is made to talk terms with a manager, not simply to interview him and then possibly reject him. I've stated elsewhere, how would we feel if our manager was interviewed for the Newcastle job and then didn't get it?

So I reckon this two men in the frame biz was a cunning plan to act as a smokescreen to conduct negotiations with McInnes. Usually, tricksters like to have a laugh on those whose eyes they are pulling the wool over by giving them a clue. In this case I reckon they were letting slip that a cunning plan was underway by the appearance of Baldrick on the club's website.

BTW, I don't mind the board doing this, as they have got the right man.

gets more like MI5 every week

Archived