IGNORED

Cisse

Ashton1

Cisse.

Have to point out at this stage I am a big fan.

During last night's game the radio commentary mentioned on numerous accessions that he was MOM.

This man should have been on the field or at least on the bench for the last 10 games!

As posted many times before, could not get my head around the fact we were struggling in midfield yet were leaving the best holding midfielder we have had for years in the changing room !

What happened to him? What was KM's hang up ?

Rumours of attitude and fitness never reported at Reading or why would Copout of been so keen to bring him in?

Skuse or Cisse. Let my think ????

I guess now all water under the bridge and truly believe del boy will quickly turn our season around even before January just by properly utilising and energising the existing squad.

Happy to listen to fans who went last night, but that's certainly the feel I get from the radio Bristol team!

That's because cisse is the cleverest player at the club!! After chatting to him at the end of season do, he is quite obviously one clever cookie.. I'm sure Millen was made to look silly by him, he had me on the back foot! :) as for last nite, thought he had another good game, held it well and made some cracking challenges.

I thought Cisse wasn't playing because he came back after the summer a bit tubby? Obviously something a little more than that as he's not been anywhere near the team and must have got fit by now, but i thought that was the root of the issue

I also wonder whether there's been some 'clash of personality' with Bolasie too; the guy has scored every time he sets foot on the pitch for the reserves and yet has not even been on the bench (i think?) for a league game? Given that Pitman has been played regularly on the left and JCR seems as ineffective as always (hands up, really don't rate him but i've only ben to one game this season so i'm going on hearsay) you would have thought Bolasie would have got a chance by now

He played well last night, much better than Elliott

For me, our best player was Skuse at RB, although caught out a couple of times he saved us on more than one occasion

Nyatanga looked good, needs a better player alongside him than Stewart - too slow

Hi - I posted this a while ago - I got from a source at the Bath City friendly that KM had a go at the senior players that played and Cisse bit- back and was subsequently out of KM's plans - I knew this was from a totally pukka source so believed it anyway - and it was re-inforced now that Cisse is back in the starting line-up as soon as someone else is picking the team.

The issue is that most teams play 6/4 ( 6 defenders / 4 attackers ) - at present we are so porous theres an argument to say we should play like Capello does - a back 4 with 2 holding midfielders -one of which must be Cisse because he's so good at it and ( in my eyes anyway ) -he's a much better footballer than Marv

I said on my previous post ( and still believe ) that we won't get anywhere in this League with Marvin in the midfield - he runs around a lot and throws himself at the ball but you need better possession and protection from your midfield

Given the wages that Kilkenny must be on I reckon the new boss might well prefer Kilkenny and Cisse as his middle 2 - I'm going to be really interested to see what he makes of elliott and his position in the team !

Cisse.

Have to point out at this stage I am a big fan.

During last night's game the radio commentary mentioned on numerous accessions that he was MOM.

This man should have been on the field or at least on the bench for the last 10 games!

As posted many times before, could not get my head around the fact we were struggling in midfield yet were leaving the best holding midfielder we have had for years in the changing room !

What happened to him? What was KM's hang up ?

Rumours of attitude and fitness never reported at Reading or why would Copout of been so keen to bring him in?

Skuse or Cisse. Let my think ????

I guess now all water under the bridge and truly believe del boy will quickly turn our season around even before January just by properly utilising and energising the existing squad.

Happy to listen to fans who went last night, but that's certainly the feel I get from the radio Bristol team!

I was at the Palace game and Cisse did well without being exceptional. He is an intelligent footballer, gets stuck in and passes well. What is significant about him is that he brings the best out of Kilkenny, our most creative player. With Cisse there, Kilkenny can roam - and with Cisse there, opposing midfielders look less able to cut through our defence.

He may not be the fittest or most demonstrative player - perhaps that was what set Millen against him - but hopefully he will now get the chance to show why Coppell bought him.

I was at the Palace game and Cisse did well without being exceptional. He is an intelligent footballer, gets stuck in and passes well. What is significant about him is that he brings the best out of Kilkenny, our most creative player. With Cisse there, Kilkenny can roam - and with Cisse there, opposing midfielders look less able to cut through our defence.

He may not be the fittest or most demonstrative player - perhaps that was what set Millen against him - but hopefully he will now get the chance to show why Coppell bought him.

Agree 100% with this assessment. Cisse provides the anchor to allow those around him be more creative.

Archived