IGNORED

Who's Out Of Contract At The End Of This Season?

Sniper

I keep hearing that we have at least a dozen players or so out of contract at the end of this season and I'm just wondering who they are and are they likely to be shown the door? Or be given another contract?

IMO even though this squad of players kept us well away from the trap door of L1 the last 2 seasons, they are no longer good enough due to the teams that came down, came up, and the others recruiting abit more or being abit more savvy than we did in the summer.

Our players are as good as they were, the problem is the other team's players are now better, and we're being found out? especially regarding confidence.

If we're to avoid the drop we obviously need some better players, which we will need to be purchased in January in hindsight of players leaving when their contracts are up to free up some dosh. The whole Maynard thing has gone a bit sour, and even though being in the Premier League 'Come and get me Window' he's not producing what we know he can. (crap service?) I think we should cash him in come January if we can, or I can see Pitman wanting out with lack of games.

Anyone know the list of players out of contract?

David James

Liam Fontaine

Lee Johnson

Jamie McAllister

David Clarkson

Nicky Maynard

Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Nicky Hunt

Kalifa Cissé

Louis Carey

Marlon Jackson

Joe Edwards

Christian Ribeiro

Danny Ball - January 2012

Joe Lennox - January 2012

Henry Muggeridge

Lewis Carey

Aaron-Amadi Holloway

In Contract past next summer;

Goalkeepers;

Dean Gerken (2013)

Defenders;

Damion Stewart (2013), Lewin Nyatanga (2013), James Wilson (2014)

Midfielders;

Albert Adomah (2014), Martyn Woolford (2014), Yannick Bolasie (2013), Marvin Elliott (Unknown), Cole Skuse (2013), Neil Kilkenny (2014), Bobby Reid (2013), Joe Bryan (2013)

Strikers;

Jon Stead (2013), Brett Pitman (2013), Ryan Taylor (2014)

David James

Liam Fontaine - keep

Lee Johnson

Jamie McAllister

David Clarkson

Nicky Maynard - keep if will sign

Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Nicky Hunt

Kalifa Cissé - keep

Louis Carey

Marlon Jackson

Joe Edwards

Christian Ribeiro

This is taken from another forum:

Out of Contract 2012

• Liam Fontaine
  • Lee Johnson
  • Jamie McAllister
  • David Clarkson
  • Nicky Maynard
  • Jamal Campbell-Ryce
  • Nicky Hunt
  • Kalifa Cissé
  • David James
  • Louis Carey
Not Sure:

• Marlon Jackson
  • Joe Edwards
  • Danny Ball
  • Joe Lennox

Still in contract:

David James - Bye

Liam Fontaine - squad player

Lee Johnson - bye

Jamie McAllister - bye

David Clarkson - bye (but not given a fair chance in my book)

Nicky Maynard - will be long gone by end of season.

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - retain

Nicky Hunt - bye

Kalifa Cissé - should have had more games, I would keep, but I am probably in a minority.

Louis Carey - thanks for everything and bye (not on the coaching staff please)

Marlon Jackson - bye

Joe Edwards - too soon to say

Christian Ribeiro - too soon to say

Well that will clear the decks for a few new players.

End of last season Del 'let' 11 players go - many of them our forwards - well we had scored 23 goals in total in the league (38 games) season - there was a lot of discussion on our board about rights and wrongs of it - in retrospect the posts make interesting reading.

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=15968&highlight=clearout

Note of course that we are now in =4th in the league and have scored 15 goals in 11 games. Pro rata at this rate we'll score 52 goals in the season (I wish) - quite a difference.

So if you get him and if/when he keeps you up you know what to expect :sub:

David James

Liam Fontaine

Lee Johnson

Jamie McAllister

David Clarkson

Nicky Maynard

Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Nicky Hunt

Kalifa Cissé

Louis Carey

Marlon Jackson

Joe Edwards

Christian Ribeiro

Henry Muggeridge

Lewis Carey

Aaron-Amadi Holloway

In Contract past next summer;

Goalkeepers;

Dean Gerken (2013)

Defenders;

Damion Stewart (2013), Lewin Nyatanga (2013), James Wilson (2014)

Midfielders;

Albert Adomah (2014), Martyn Woolford (2014), Yannick Bolasie (2013), Marvin Elliott (Unknown), Cole Skuse (2013), Neil Kilkenny (2014), Bobby Reid (2013), Joe Bryan (2013)

Strikers;

Jon Stead (2013), Brett Pitman (2013), Ryan Taylor (2014)

Cisse, Fontaine and in an ideal world Maynard from that list? Wouldn't want to pass judgement on the youngsters at this time

So, at present, it looks like we could be starting our first season back in League One with a squad consisting of:

Goal

Dean Gerken

Defence

Damion Stewart | Lewin Nyatanga | James Wilson

Midfield

Albert Adomah | Marvin Elliott | Cole Skuse | Neil Kilkenny | Bobby Reid | Martyn Woolford | Yannick Bolasie | Joe Bryan

Attack

Jon Stead | Brett Pitman | Ryan Taylor | Aaron-Amadi Holloway

However, given the number of youngsters also out of contract I suspect a number of them will be offered new deals:

Lewis Carey (GK), Christian Ribeiro (DF), Joe Edwards (DF), Henry Muggeridge (DF), Danny Ball (DF), Joe Lennox (CM), Marlon Jackson (AT)

That could be up to 23 players, and given that we'll have to do some extensive cost-cutting, I can't see us adding too many players on top of that. Maybe a reserve goalie, a decent left-back, additional decent third division centreback, perhaps an extra striker - but probably not much more.

I expect there'd be at least one player, too, who'd throw his toys out of the pram and demand a transfer if/when we got/get relegated.

There would be something refreshing about a squad such as this, lightweight but shorn of the excesses built up during the GJ, SC and KM eras - but nonetheless depressingly short of quality and 'big' or recognised names.

So, at present, it looks like we could be starting our first season back in League One with a squad consisting of:

Goal

Dean Gerken

Defence

Damion Stewart | Lewin Nyatanga | James Wilson

Midfield

Albert Adomah | Marvin Elliott | Cole Skuse | Neil Kilkenny | Bobby Reid | Martyn Woolford | Yannick Bolasie | Joe Bryan

Attack

Jon Stead | Brett Pitman | Ryan Taylor | Aaron-Amadi Holloway

However, given the number of youngsters also out of contract I suspect a number of them will be offered new deals:

Lewis Carey (GK), Christian Ribeiro (DF), Joe Edwards (DF), Henry Muggeridge (DF), Danny Ball (DF), Joe Lennox (CM), Marlon Jackson (AT)

That could be up to 23 players, and given that we'll have to do some extensive cost-cutting, I can't see us adding too many players on top of that. Maybe a reserve goalie, a decent left-back, additional decent third division centreback, perhaps an extra striker - but probably not much more.

I expect there'd be at least one player, too, who'd throw his toys out of the pram and demand a transfer if/when we got/get relegated.

There would be something refreshing about a squad such as this, lightweight but shorn of the excesses built up during the GJ, SC and KM eras - but nonetheless depressingly short of quality and 'big' or recognised names.

Bloody hell Red Mat, have bit of positivity mate! I'm sure Delboy will bring in some loans and maybe be given a bit of cash in Jan to sort us out. They obviously didn't trust Millen in the end...

Bloody hell Red Mat, have bit of positivity mate! I'm sure Delboy will bring in some loans and maybe be given a bit of cash in Jan to sort us out. They obviously didn't trust Millen in the end...

That was me being positive. Well, realistic. Certainly not negative. I just can't see us splashing out huge wads of money if we go down.

I just think that SL has learnt from other clubs that invariably an excellent manager will you get you promoted from the third into the second division with an average squad - whereas a good manager needs a decent squad (GJ), and an average manager needs an excellent squad (John Ward)...

Archived