IGNORED

Wigley The Next Step

Bristolface

Only last game I was talking with the lads around me at the gate and said that With the new guy on his way for the managers hotseat, wigley seems very unsure of his future as he would. But wouldnt it be the best idea with his under 21 England links and his coaching in that age group to make him the new academy boss and let the new man bring is his own number two. that would mean a shake up sorts dwon the chain at Ashton gate we are all crying out for, but keep the handy links with Wigleys connections with the England set up. Surely young lads within our catchment area for the academy would like to work along side someone who is connected to the England team and could help forward thier play.

Staying on as coach

Youth Development coach? Or first team coach?

Did he say why Walsh resigned? I am guessing probably not as that would be personal, but was there any indication that wigley would be moving in that kind of direction, considering it is what he was doing at under 21 level.

No mention of Walsh......sadly

Wigley effectively taking Walsh role.

Didn't really make much sense paying an experienced Premier League and u21 international coach to leave.

Personally hope he also gets involved in academy, can bring alot of vital experience

im not really convinced on how the england u 21 links are working out for us. last season we had rose who didnt work out and Caulker, who most certainly did, but then spence and mcgivern have joined as well, and certainly this season they are struggling, like the rest of the team. Its not as if we are pulling in Welbeck and Sturridge at the moment, and presumably wigley is on decent money with us, is this a price worth paying for the contacts we arent really using? Could we have gotten these guys in without Wigley being here? Perhaps next season with the players being released, and salaries being freed up we may make more use of this?

im not really convinced on how the england u 21 links are working out for us. last season we had rose who didnt work out and Caulker, who most certainly did, but then spence and mcgivern have joined as well, and certainly this season they are struggling, like the rest of the team. Its not as if we are pulling in Welbeck and Sturridge at the moment, and presumably wigley is on decent money with us, is this a price worth paying for the contacts we arent really using? Could we have gotten these guys in without Wigley being here? Perhaps next season with the players being released, and salaries being freed up we may make more use of this?

I see what your saying there. but think of it like this if you were a young lad with talent and you had the choice of going to a few diferent academys or clubs localish to you. Wouldn't you choose one with a guy in charge that was also employed in the England set up ? I think that could in years to come be more help to us than his curent connections with players under contract with prem club's , that does all rely on though him staying im employment with England and as are keith has just found out nothing in football is certain .

post-4579-0-14973400-1319055868_thumb.jp

im not really convinced on how the england u 21 links are working out for us. last season we had rose who didnt work out and Caulker, who most certainly did, but then spence and mcgivern have joined as well, and certainly this season they are struggling, like the rest of the team.

They are working for us as we have had four in the last 12 months or so.....compared to, what, none previously. It does'nt matter what reputation they come with, they will struggle in a struggling team. Rose didn't work out mainly becasue Millen wasn't playing him in the right positions. Its no good having decent young loans when you are not going to play them to their strenghts

Its not as if we are pulling in Welbeck and Sturridge at the moment,

What the same Welbeck and Sturridge who are now making the first team squad? Yea, cant understand it

Not many premier league clubs would want to send their u-21 players to a team at the bottom of the table and struggling

and presumably wigley is on decent money with us, is this a price worth paying for the contacts we arent really using?

But we are....see above

Could we have gotten these guys in without Wigley being here?

Maybe but why pay compensation to let him go only to lose such a good contact within the game

Perhaps next season with the players being released, and salaries being freed up we may make more use of this?

Im sure Mcinnes will be looking into it as well as tapping up his old mate Owen Coyle

I'd hope that once McInnes and Docherty have enough of a view themselves of the first team squad that Wigley would then move into a role in overall charge of the academy, where I think his skills and experience would be best used.

Archived