IGNORED

Maynard And Stead Must Start Up Front Now

MC RISK77

im really hoping that now with a new manager installed, and hopefully some much needed energy being put back into the club we can start seeing the best of maynard, as he clearly has been poor recently....

I still think he is by far the best finisher at the club and we need his goals to get us out of this mess.....i also am a firm believer of big man little man upfront pairing and stead on his day is a quality front man.....would love these two to have a run of games together now and see what happens.

Would love sunday team to be

James

Spence Wilson Nyatanga Mcgivern

Adomah Elliott Kilkenny Campbell-Ryce

Maynard Stead

Stead always seems to 'have a knock'. How long is it since he's featured on a regular basis?

And Maynard hasn't scored, in what? 9 games now?

Based on merit (as all selections should be) Pitman is now first choice and Taylor must be close to getting a go as his strike partner.

Glad we can get back to the fun bit of pretending we're all genius managers and picking sides and formations now.

Were everyone fit I think I'd go with this:

------------------------------------James------------------------------------------

Spence-------------Carey------------------Nyatanga--------------McGiven

Adomah------------Cisse------------------Kilkenny©-------------Bolasie

-----------------------Pitman----------------Stead-------------------------------

Gerken

Wilson

Elliott

JCR

Maynard

Carey brought in for some much needed experience in the back line, Cisse to protect the back four a bit and Kilkenny to play in front of him and feed the two attacking wingers who will be the main outlets. Pitman who is on good form despite being used out of position started ahead of Maynard who isn't despite not, and Stead brought in to help the ball stick and give us a second man in the box. The only doubts for me is Nyatanga who needs to work on his occasional panics but he has improved this season - and McGiven I've only seen once but can't really believe he's worse than McAllister.

Left out:

Skuse - has stagnated and needs to influence games more, play more part in attacking and show more consistency. You wouldn't bring him off the bench to change a game.

Fontaine - good player but form has been poor for a while and needs to earn his way back in.

Woolford - needs to produce something.

Taylor - our fourth best striker who will need to take an opportunity when injury/loss of form gives him one.

Ribeiro - good player but can't pick him ahead of Spence or any of the centre halves

Stewart - poor player IMO, move him on ASAP

Hunt - see above

------------------------------------Gerken------------------------------------------

Skuse-------------Carey------------------Nyatanga--------------McGiven

Adomah------------Cisse------------------Kilkenny-------------JCR

-----------------------Pitman----------------Stead-------------------------------

Subs: James, Ribiero, Elliott, Reid, Maynard

Not against giving Nicky a 30 mins run out in the second half, but Pitman must start.

------------------------------------Gerken-------------------------- ----------------

Skuse-------------Carey------------------Nyatanga--------------McGiven

Adomah------------Cisse------------------Kilkenny-------------JCR

Subs: James, Ribiero, Elliott, Reid, Maynard

Not against giving Nicky a 30 mins run out in the second half, but Pitman must start.

I'd go with this except change stewart with Carey. Although don't mind that much who plays in goal but we've really got to pick one and stick with him isn't fair on the goalkeeper and most importantly the defence.

It will be a tough game against Birmingham but hopefully they will be tired from there Euro trip and us galvanised by our new manager!

Just to go against everything I posted earlier about 442

-----------Gerkin--------------

-----Carey Wilson Nyantanga----

----------Kilkenny

--------Cisse Elliott

Adomah-----------------JCR----

-------Pitman Maynard

I don't understand peoples obsession with starting Maynard or Kilkenny at the moment.

Kilkenny fits the description of what was given of him when we signed him, such as when we conceded the second goal vs Peteboro', he started shouting at defence when the shot was taken from the position that he shouldve been covering, which could have a catastrophic effect on the players morale around him.

Maynard is self explanitory. Poor form, and hes never had a consistant performance this season; he only showed signs, but still seems to lack that predatory instinct to what's been seen in the past, such as when the ball flashes across the box.

For me the team should be as follows:

GK - James |

| DR - Spence |

| DL - McGivern |

| DC - Wilson |

| DC - Nyatanga |

| MR - Adomah |

| ML - Woolford (Could perhaps see a difference in him with a new manager, clean slate) |

| MC - Cisse (best defensive mind of the midfield) |

| MC - Elliott (Should hopefully see him pick himself back up from his Palace performance, plus his work rate and aerial ability can be useful) |

| ST - Pitman |

| ST - Taylor (More Directional than Stead in the air, especially with flick-ons, and should provide better service, and a chance to also prove himself)

Bench: S1 - Gerken || S2 - J.C-Ryce || S3 - Maynard || S4 - Carey || S5 - Skuse ||

See what you make of it but thats just my thoughts; you dont have to accept them or say your against them.

Not keen on 4-4-2 anymore, Im a fan of 4-3-3 but I understand we lack 1 or 2 players to play that formation properly

Should be at this present time imo:

GK: Gerken

RB: Spence

CB: Stewart

CB: Nyatanga

LB: McGivern

RM: Adomah

CM: Cisse

CM: Kilkenny

LM: Woolford

ST: Maynard

ST: Pitman

Next season i'd love to see:

GK: New Keeper

RB: Spence

CB: Wilson

CB: Nyatanga/New Player

LB: New Player

DM: Cisse

CM: Elliot/New Player

CM: Kilkenny

RW: Adomah

LW: New Player (Left footed and Not Woolford)

ST: Maynard or Pitman (Maynard will probs be gone though)

In my point of view, peoples idea of our team aren't bad, they all are similiar in one way or another, such as key players like Adomah for example keeping their places.

But admittedly there are a few that I dont agree with:

8. Kilkenny - I simply dont see what he offers us over Johnson, he sits back whenever jockeying or ('if') he makes a challenge, it rarely goes well, pluss if things arent going well (Peterboro') he can loose his cool, such as shouting at Nyatanga, or haking McCann down. Plus before we started playing with a passing midfield (i.e. last season (yes I know a lot of brackets)), we still did better then what we are doing now.

10. Maynard - despite him being one of our star players, I dont see why people insist playing him ahead of Pitman despite is rather bad form; especially when we have someone who has proven to be just as adequate in the form of Pitman, who actually challenges in the air instead of a half-hearted jump.

Therefore my team would be:

GK-James Mc-Elliott

Dr-Spence Mc-Cisse

Dl-McGivern St-Taylor (Ahead of Stead due to less injury worries and knocks atm, and provide better service)

Dc-Wilson St-Pitman (Due to Maynards form)

Dc-Nyatanga

Mr-Albert (Obviously)

Ml-Woolford (Clean slate with a new manager; just think fan's opinon havent allowed him to settle at all)

In my point of view, peoples idea of our team aren't bad, they all are similiar in one way or another, such as key players like Adomah for example keeping their places.

But admittedly there are a few that I dont agree with:

8. Kilkenny - I simply dont see what he offers us over Johnson, he sits back whenever jockeying or ('if') he makes a challenge, it rarely goes well, pluss if things arent going well (Peterboro') he can loose his cool, such as shouting at Nyatanga, or haking McCann down. Plus before we started playing with a passing midfield (i.e. last season (yes I know a lot of brackets)), we still did better then what we are doing now.

10. Maynard - despite him being one of our star players, I dont see why people insist playing him ahead of Pitman despite is rather bad form; especially when we have someone who has proven to be just as adequate in the form of Pitman, who actually challenges in the air instead of a half-hearted jump.

Therefore my team would be:

GK-James Mc-Elliott

Dr-Spence Mc-Cisse

Dl-McGivern St-Taylor (Ahead of Stead due to less injury worries and knocks atm, and provide better service)

Dc-Wilson St-Pitman (Due to Maynards form)

Dc-Nyatanga

Mr-Albert (Obviously)

Ml-Woolford (Clean slate with a new manager; just think fan's opinon havent allowed him to settle at all)

Completely ******* clueless.

Kilkenny's vision, class, and creativity is in a different league to Johnson.

He feeds on movement....at the moment he has none....what is he supposed to do?

I never post but i'm so excited I can't control it now

Got to start as we mean to go on. Shake em up I say.

Del has got to tell Nicky to sign now or its the reserves and who'll by him then? Take control of the classroom. Saw a brilliant spark and will to win in Marlon Jackson against Hull when he scored with his hand, he scored for Northampton on loan too. Thought Pitman and Spence were poor against Peterborough last week so agreed with Wig for dropping them against Palace. James usual brilliance coupled with clangers but best option and a crowd pleaser. Serious shortage of quality center back, Carey has never been the same since head knock at Leeds. Woolford the worse player I've seen in ages. Bolasie was the star of the friendlies in Devon in the summer. Campbell Rice provided both the crosses for Marvin that should have got a draw against Peterborough but works best as a sub I think. Stewart amd Cisse played well. So this gives the headache of who to pick. Ita damned difficult with no decent fit centre backs. 2 handful wingers yeah why not

James GK

McGivern LB

Nyatanga CB

Stewart CB

Ribeiro RB

Bolasie RH

Skuse CH

Kilkenny CH

Adomah LH

Maynard FW

Jacksom FW

Subs

Elliot

Spence

Campbell Rice

Pitman

Gerken

Yeah do it

Completely ******* clueless.

Kilkenny's vision, class, and creativity is in a different league to Johnson.

He feeds on movement....at the moment he has none....what is he supposed to do?

+1.

Incredibly frustrating when compared to Johnson. Kilkenny is a class above him, that's no disrespect to LJ. Kilkenny always wants the ball, is constantly talking and praising people's involvement in goals. Did it twice against Reading where City scored and he's patting Nyatanga on the back for a pass made 3 before the final assist. Most importantly he's a winner who demands more from others.

I never post but i'm so excited I can't control it now

Got to start as we mean to go on. Shake em up I say.

Del has got to tell Nicky to sign now or its the reserves and who'll by him then? Take control of the classroom. Saw a brilliant spark and will to win in Marlon Jackson against Hull when he scored with his hand, he scored for Northampton on loan too. Thought Pitman and Spence were poor against Peterborough last week so agreed with Wig for dropping them against Palace. James usual brilliance coupled with clangers but best option and a crowd pleaser. Serious shortage of quality center back, Carey has never been the same since head knock at Leeds. Woolford the worse player I've seen in ages. Bolasie was the star of the friendlies in Devon in the summer. Campbell Rice provided both the crosses for Marvin that should have got a draw against Peterborough but works best as a sub I think. Stewart amd Cisse played well. So this gives the headache of who to pick. Ita damned difficult with no decent fit centre backs. 2 handful wingers yeah why not

James GK

McGivern LB

Nyatanga CB

Stewart CB

Ribeiro RB

Bolasie RH

Skuse CH

Kilkenny CH

Adomah LH

Maynard FW

Jacksom FW

Subs

Elliot

Spence

Campbell Rice

Pitman

Gerken

Yeah do it

Your whole line up is a little odd there fella, unsure if you've already settled for relegation or not?

Regards Pitman, I'm guessing he was more below par due to the fact he was playin left wing rather than as an out and out centre forward (his rightful position). Just a thought.

Archived