IGNORED

A Thought For Mark Robins

potbelly

Mark Robins would not have been my first choice and judging by the polls etc he wasn`t the choice of many.

However, the fact that he got into the final two shows that he wanted to be here and he impressed the board at interview.

I am sure that Mark Robins has the drive, ambition, and many other qualities needed to manage at this level.

I remember his time here as a player and his genuine disapointment at being recalled by his club when he felt he had more to give BCFC.

Good luck Mr Robins, i wish you well for the future.

I have been a little taken aback by the difference in reception to the candidates given that their CVs are actually quite similar.

He may not have been my first choice, simply because there were so many higher profile candidates, but I would not have had a problem with him getting the job - and I believe he would have been able to save us this season.

He comes across as a decent, respectable man and I'm sure he would have been passionate about working here, especially given the way it ended before - I've always felt he was destined to end up here...

...maybe he still will in a few years time when McInnes has been poached by a Premier League club and Robins has had a chance to prove himself at a League One club...

Just a thought, but I'm not really to happy about his name being released. It almost makes it appear he is a failure, so any follow up application at another club, almost makes it seem like 'he was not good enough for Bristol City, so why should he be good enough for us'.

I have not heard the names of the five or six shortlist candidates, so why publicise the 'runner up'?

Just a thought, but I'm not really to happy about his name being released. It almost makes it appear he is a failure, so any follow up application at another club, almost makes it seem like 'he was not good enough for Bristol City, so why should he be good enough for us'.

I have not heard the names of the five or six shortlist candidates, so why publicise the 'runner up'?

Or you could look at it from a positive angle......that he made the final two out of 60 applicants, the majority of which probably had more experience than him. I'm pretty certain he will get a job before the seasons out

Original poster says he wanted to be here, but did he?

Yes in a way of course he wanted to come but was it more down to being unemployed rather than specifically targeting us? Didnt he also apply for forest?

Thats why mcinnes was always my choice out of the 2.

would he have even been interested if he was still at barnsley or would we have even bothered to aproach him in the way we did mcinnes?

He was prepared to chuck everything away at super j's and mould his own career. For robins, jones, davies etc would have just taken the job out of necessity in my eyes. Never a fan of apointing a manager out of work if someone actively wants to be part of the club.

Mark Robins would not have been my first choice and judging by the polls etc he wasn`t the choice of many.

However, the fact that he got into the final two shows that he wanted to be here and he impressed the board at interview.

I am sure that Mark Robins has the drive, ambition, and many other qualities needed to manage at this level.

I remember his time here as a player and his genuine disapointment at being recalled by his club when he felt he had more to give BCFC.

Good luck Mr Robins, i wish you well for the future.

share the sentiment but I dont think Robins made the final 2. I think it was O'Driscoll

Or you could look at it from a positive angle......that he made the final two out of 60 applicants, the majority of which probably had more experience than him. I'm pretty certain he will get a job before the seasons out

You are quite correct in what you say, and at first that is exactly what I thought. But after reflecting, my line of thought was, there may have been 60 candidates or 600 candidates, but without knowing their calibre, it is meaningless.

Archived