IGNORED

Our Chairman

red colin

I think we are all a bit concerned that mr sexton is new to football circles and that he would bodge the manager choice, but now i think we have to think again as we are for the most part quite excited and pleased with the appointment. I dont know who first thought of mr mcinnes but to read up on him and dig for info it seems an inspired choice ,so well done mr sexton i believe he was your pick from early on..heres to the new alex ferguson.

I think we are all a bit concerned that mr sexton is new to football circles and that he would bodge the manager choice, but now i think we have to think again as we are for the most part quite excited and pleased with the appointment. I dont know who first thought of mr mcinnes but to read up on him and dig for info it seems an inspired choice ,so well done mr sexton i believe he was your pick from early on..heres to the new alex ferguson.

Seconded......could easily gone for a Jones, Robins, O'Driscoll.

The fact they CLEARLY went for Mcinnes from the start shows Sextoy has more football knowhow then maybe he gets credit for.

I expect people will be back slagging him off if the guy that they wanted turns out to be shit. I ain't no happy clapper - far from it - but sexton and the board have taken a lot of unecessary stick during this interim period.

Oh well - onwards and upwards.

Thats because there's alot of to$$ers on this forum. I still cant believe that SL gets so much stick. i pray he doesnt read this forum because one day he might just say **** it then we will be f*cked. I know every fan has a wright to an oppinion but surely that doesnt include fans with out a brain.

Does it? perhaps one of the other Directors did the spade work and convinced CS.

CS is a very good administrator.

Very possibly. CS was in the Black Swan in WOT at 5.30 ish today and was basically asked by a regular if he 'had his man' and 'would he 'deliver', CS said in a very unconvincing way "we'll see". NOT particularly inspired/inspiring at all, although maybe trying to play it down.

Something doesn't seem to be right internally, although I think it is the right appointment for the club.

In DM we trust ...

Very possibly. CS was in the Black Swan in WOT at 5.30 ish today and was basically asked by a regular if he 'had his man' and 'would he 'deliver', CS said in a very unconvincing way "we'll see". NOT particularly inspired/inspiring at all, although maybe trying to play it down.

Something doesn't seem to be right internally, although I think it is the right appointment for the club.

In DM we trust ...

I expect he's just a little wary of setting expectations, given how our fans think any mention of the p word is a promise :)

If the other board members did do all the real legwork then fine, that's how it's supposed to work. In reality I think they all knew who they wanted and the process was mostly about ensuring they had enough options should this not work out. It seems to have gone quite smoothly which is a good sign IMO.

I do think there is something wrong in the football squad which is why I (like many others have mentioned) am keen on the idea of a total outsider coming in.

I expect he's just a little wary of setting expectations, given how our fans think any mention of the p word is a promise :)

If the other board members did do all the real legwork then fine, that's how it's supposed to work. In reality I think they all knew who they wanted and the process was mostly about ensuring they had enough options should this not work out. It seems to have gone quite smoothly which is a good sign IMO.

I do think there is something wrong in the football squad which is why I (like many others have mentioned) am keen on the idea of a total outsider coming in.

Wouldn't argue on any points. Just Naylor to go then for the clean sweep on 1st team staff. The players then have nowhere to hide. At last!

In DM we trust ...

I'm getting really confused now between the sarcy ironic posts and the ones that actually believe that him saying something like that in a pub would genuinely count as evidence of an internal power struggle. I'm assuming this is the first.

The interview with CS on player is pretty unequivocal and I think the board have done a first rate job with the process, the result of that process, and crucially with communicating with the fans (as much as was possible) during every stage whilst still maintaining a very strict and leak free interview process.

Would be nice to now put to bed all rumours that are pure speculation around:

• the boardroom struggle (If SL and CS were in a power battle, it is one SL could win tomorrow if he chose);
  • the Mark Robins favouritism (if SL is so all powerful and loves MR why didnt MR get the job);
  • the cotterill job offer (never happened);
  • the necessary championship experience criterion; (never said)
  • Louis Carey being the devil (he's quite rightly a voice of the players having been the longest serving member of squad and he knows the club);
  • SL not having any right to a say in the appointment now he has quit the board (he's not just a shareholder. I have Barclays shares but they rarely come to me asking for money so they can appoint a new bank manager)

... and all the other stuff that starts as ideal speculation in pubs and the forum and somehow ends up as either well-sourced fact or "no smoke without fire".

None of the actual facts back up any of these rumours. Only the speculation.

The board have done a bang up job here, they've taken their time and acted professionally at all times. Well done and it's awesome to see the general mood on the forum being one (vaguely) of unity and happiness. coyr.

I'm getting really confused now between the sarcy ironic posts and the ones that actually believe that him saying something like that in a pub would genuinely count as evidence of an internal power struggle. I'm assuming this is the first.

The interview with CS on player is pretty unequivocal and I think the board have done a first rate job with the process, the result of that process, and crucially with communicating with the fans (as much as was possible) during every stage whilst still maintaining a very strict and leak free interview process.

• the boardroom struggle (If SL and CS were in a power battle, it is one SL could win tomorrow if he chose);
  • the Mark Robins favouritism (if SL is so all powerful and loves MR why didnt MR get the job);
  • Louis Carey being the devil (he's quite rightly a voice of the players having been the longest serving member of squad and he knows the club);
  • SL not having any right to a say in the appointment now he has quit the board (he's not just a shareholder. I have Barclays shares but they rarely come to me asking for money so they can appoint a new bank manager)

No, this was not a "sarcy ironic post". He was there - so was I, I suspect you weren't. Agreed that so many BS posts/rumours/conjecture recently - blurs reality. Internal power struggle? Possibly, but that was not the intent/inference of my post. Player interview is the 'public face'. Speaking to a friend in a pub may well be/probably is something different, although agree that the board have finally 'run a bath' and done what a large number of us think is the right thing. Hopefully, the many rumours will be put to bed in the coming days/weeks.

... and all the other stuff that starts as ideal speculation in pubs and the forum and somehow ends up as either well-sourced fact or "no smoke without fire".

The board have done a bang up job here, they've taken their time and acted professionally at all times. Well done and it's awesome to see the general mood on the forum being one (vaguely) of unity and happiness. coyr.

Shareholders always have a say...the reason Barclays don't ask for your perosnal opinion is simply you don't hold enough shares (I assume). They do send you an annual report (accounts) and invitation to the annual general meeting and opportunity to vote to the election of several key board posistions. Believe me if you were the major shareholder in Barclays I can guarantee you would be chauffeur driven to the AGM and what you say would go. Football maybe slightly different, but in principle is the same, you can equally guarantee that if SL wasn't in support of DMcI then he would not have been appointed. I'm pretty confident of that.

Shareholders always have a say...the reason Barclays don't ask for your perosnal opinion is simply you don't hold enough shares (I assume). They do send you an annual report (accounts) and invitation to the annual general meeting and opportunity to vote to the election of several key board posistions. Believe me if you were the major shareholder in Barclays I can guarantee you would be chauffeur driven to the AGM and what you say would go. Football maybe slightly different, but in principle is the same, you can equally guarantee that if SL wasn't in support of DMcI then he would not have been appointed. I'm pretty confident of that.

I think we're in agreement but you missed my point. I have a vote in the composition of the board of Barclays and constitutional decisions as a shareholder. No one outside of the board can actually influence day to day running, even the larger funds. They just have a better voting block at AGM and EGMs so it is in any boards interests to keep them sweet and converse with them as a matter of routine.

However, what Barclays dont do is ask me for further investment all the time. THIS is the difference and this is what means SL isn't just a shareholder who has no right to intervene in big decisions or more accurately be involved in the debate about who should be the new manager.

The people arguing that now SL is not on the board he should totally recuse himself from all decisions, are incorrect in fact, law, common sense and natural justice.

Anyway, it's labouring the point on a day when everyone seems happy as larry and nearly everyone on the board, regardless who they initially wanted, seem keen to give McInnes a clean slate. Good to see all the people who said they lost interest coming back on the board and saying how enthused they are. Hope it lasts and am sure it will. No guarantees in football but without any power of hindsight that we might have later, this seems a great appointment and surely that is a tick in the plus column of the board and SL.

He's goalkeeping coach. I can see two very average goalkeepers one of whom used to be a good goalkeeper.

One past it and only ever going to get worse, one never going to be good enough, and was having loan spells at Darlington prior to joining us.

Personally I look at progress Basso and Henderson made under his coaching.

As ever, it's comment based on make believe

One past it and only ever going to get worse, one never going to be good enough, and was having loan spells at Darlington prior to joining us.

Personally I look at progress Basso and Henderson made under his coaching.

As ever, it's comment based on make believe

What part of my comment is "make believe"?

Well whatever people thought or said about the process, SL's involvement etc and looking at what has been reported in the past five or six hours nobody can say we've gone for a cheap option. IMO we have gone for s*** or bust. Brave and correct decision by all at BCFC. Well done bring on Sunday !!!

Archived