IGNORED

Press Conference

steviestevieneville

I like him.

The thing I liked was he said was that the players were signed by other managers, but there are my players now

Good to hear someone not looking at an angle for an excuse - sounds like he's taking full responsibilty from the off.

Oh, when asked "what sort of football are you going to bring to the club?"

He replied saying that he prefers flowing expansive football, but we need to work out a style that suits the players that we have. And he implied that style of football wasnt important in the short term, only that we win games. Quite right too.

He said the usual stuff you'd expect to hear, but said it convincingly, like he believed in us. Great opportunity, etc.

Said he needed to find a formation that suits us,.

Understands the players maybe nervous of him coming in as he's been in the same situation as a player. Says they need confidence and he is going to meet them at the training ground now.Says they are players brought in by other people 'but right now they are my players'.

Said he would be speaking to the backroom staff and asking them a million questions. mentioned Steve, Wiggly.

Twentyman: What are you going to say to the players when you meet them today Derek?

McInnes: Start Winning!

Best part of the interview :clapping:

Yes, that was funny. Was suprised to hear ...silence.. after that comment though as I was chuckling. He quickly moved on after the bail of hay rolled past

Archived