IGNORED

Crystal Palace Penalty......bcfc Player

bangers

Contrary to the beliefs of Sky TV and pansy Premiershite footballers, contact is not a foul. The laws of the game list 10 offences that are punishable by a direct free kick or penalty and Nyatanga committed none of them - even if there was contact, which looks very dubious on the replay to say the least.

The delayed reaction dive should have been punished by a yellow card for simulation.

I must be looking at a different incident. Or, perhaps, looking at it from a different perspective.

Nyatanga trips ("trips or attempts to trip an opponent" from the FA rules if you want to be a pedant) the player by catching his trailing leg. His trailing leg then catches his other foot and causes him to fall over.

There's really some red-tinted glasses on here.

I must be looking at a different incident. Or, perhaps, looking at it from a different perspective.

Nyatanga trips ("trips or attempts to trip an opponent" from the FA rules if you want to be a pedant) the player by catching his trailing leg. His trailing leg then catches his other foot and causes him to fall over.

There *may* at a push be a slight contact of feet though I would suggest it looks much more like the attacking player deliberately puts his right foot into Nyatanga to mislead the ref. It is not even remotely close to a trip and the dive off in the opposite direction is completely obvious. Seriously, I can't see how anybody can watch that and believe there is any chance whatsoever it is a foul.

There was clearly no contact. Though, I'm sure from the refs angle it probabaly looked like a trip.

Having a laugh arent you? wrong on so many levels.

No one in the ground knew what was going on. The linesman spotted something and we did'nt have replays to see what happened.

Plus we had a good goal disallowed.

I was sat in the Atyeo and i can assure you i wasn`t the only one who knew exactly what was going on. I would have to agree that it remains one of my least favoured moments while supporting City. Not that i think it can be compared to the topic at hand apart from the irony at the sense of injustice.

PDG

I was sat in the Atyeo and i can assure you i wasn`t the only one who knew exactly what was going on. I would have to agree that it remains one of my least favoured moments while supporting City. Not that i think it can be compared to the topic at hand apart from the irony at the sense of injustice.

PDG

Oh, so you knew what was going on.....

Maybe you can tell the world what happened?

Oh, so you knew what was going on.....

Maybe you can tell the world what happened?

You really are a complete arse sometimes arn`t you.

Ref unsighted, linesman not sure, everyone else in that penalty box knew what had happened, every thing that was said after was just smoke and mirrors. We didn`t cover ourselves in glory that day. You can adjust the facts to suit your argument by all means.

PDG

You really are a complete arse sometimes arn`t you.

Ref unsighted, linesman not sure, everyone else in that penalty box knew what had happened, every thing that was said after was just smoke and mirrors. We didn`t cover ourselves in glory that day. You can adjust the facts to suit your argument by all means.

PDG

Why do I need to "adjust the facts"

Without the luxury of a replay, many assumed their was a foul given in the build-up.....

At the end of the day, it was a cock-up by the ref and no fault can be levelled at us...

unlike that penalty.

Can I ask were you looking at the incident whilst at Selhurst Park?

I was adamant having seen it on the night that Nyatanga made no contact and having seen the tv footage since I can see nothing to change my mind.

Now I am one of these who does not wear "red tinted" glasses....if I feel its a penalty, Ill say so. I play up front myself and have found myself in situations where I've been tapped and I've gone to ground. Theres contact....its a penalty. Simple

However.......how you can say this is a penalty is beyond me. He is going no where and just dives. Its embaressing.

The FA, and FIFA as a whole....need to start dishing out punishments for this sort of thing after the event. PLayers get banned now on video evidence if they are caught doing something that the ref missed i:e an elbow off the ball etc. There is no reason why they shouldnt start dishing out 2 or 3 game bans for dives.

It ruins matches and can, quite easily...ruin seasons for clubs and fans.

I've never had a problem with players who go down "easily", for me....its tactics. Clear dives though?? disgraceful

Archived