IGNORED

Confidence Is Key

MarcusX

Firstly, I wasn't overly keen on McInnes when we started looking for a manager, however reading comments and articles etc I am definitely warming to the idea.

I think the key task on his hands is getting confidence back in this team, they are not poor players, and they haven't suddenly forgotten how to play football over summer.

Coming from a player whose own team is struggling this season at the bottom of the league, I dont necessarily believe the comments from some people suggesting that players dont want to play etc

As above, my team is currently in a similar state althought obviously on a smaller scale and we had a bit of a "crisis" talk at training. I looked at each other player in the team and everyone looked genuinely concerned and desperate to put right what was going wrong. We know what needs to be done, and we go out onto the pitch with the best intentions but for some reason we are getting beaten very easily.

I see similarities with the City team. This is their livlihoods though and their reputatins and careers on the line. Do you think Nicky Maynard is intentionally losing form? Its not going to get him anywhere on a personal level. Its in his best interest to perform as well as he can.

Derek needs to come in here, give everyone a clean slate and somehow find their confidence. That is definitely the key to turning this all around. We have players capable of performing, they just need to remember how.

Archived