IGNORED

Respect Club/players/fans

Esmond Million's Bung

Last Sunday I watched Rennes v Lorient a Breton derby in the French ligue 1 (their perm). Rennes is a big city about the size of Bristol, they play in a fabulous modern stadium that holds about 35,000. The atmosphere is awesome the fans are very noisy and their East End which is called the Rohazon Celtic Kop sing for pretty much the whole 90 minutes.

Like many european clubs at Rennes the Rohazon Celtic Kop is run like a club as is the other end of the ground known as the Rouge et Noir (red & black). They have meetings and social events that are regularly attended by club officials and players. The organizers of the Kop work very closely with the club. The club also host public training days where the fans can watch and have access to the players.

The game was also 20th anniversary of the formation of the Kop and before the game a squad player read out a prepared statement stating how much the club, players and officials respect the passion and undying support from the Kop and how important they are to the club. At the end of the statement 2 very large banners were unfurled from both tiers of the very steep and large Kop end, it was very impressive colorful and noisy and then bizarrely the music to the Welsh national was struck up (I later found out that this music is used as the Breton national anthem but different words).

At the end of the game the Rennes players and officials came back onto the pitch on the half way line and unfurled a large banner saying 'happy 20th anniversary to the Rohazon Celtic Kop' and the players and officials then slowly walked forward carrying the banner towards the Kop, whereupon the Kop lit 20 red stadium flares, again loud and colorful and wholly impressive.

My abiding memory about the night was the obvious total respect between the club, players, officials and the fans, it was obviously a choreographed event between the club and the fans and just a little bit more respectful than quick wave and off to the hotel for a spit roast that English fans get.

With a new stadium in the offing BCFC could do worse than make contact with officials at Rennes and perhaps make visits to see how it all works, Rennes is a proper community based club to which the fans are made to feel very much part of, last night Rennes played Glasgow Celtic in the EUFA cup and the club handed out thousands of Breton flags to fans entering the ground once more the atmosphere was awesome, also helped by the thousands of Celtic fans.

post-11168-0-04631900-1319228937_thumb.j

post-11168-0-42232700-1319229642_thumb.j

Last Sunday I watched Rennes v Lorient a Breton derby in the French ligue 1 (their perm). Rennes is a big city about the size of Bristol, they play in a fabulous modern stadium that holds about 35,000. The atmosphere is awesome the fans are very noisy and their East End which is called the Rohazon Celtic Kop sing for pretty much the whole 90 minutes.

Like many european clubs at Rennes the Rohazon Celtic Kop is run like a club as is the other end of the ground known as the Rouge et Noir (red & black). They have meetings and social events that are regularly attended by club officials and players. The organizers of the Kop work very closely with the club. The club also host public training days where the fans can watch and have access to the players.

The game was also 20th anniversary of the formation of the Kop and before the game a squad player read out a prepared statement stating how much the club, players and officials respect the passion and undying support from the Kop and how important they are to the club. At the end of the statement 2 very large banners were unfurled from both tiers of the very steep and large Kop end, it was very impressive colorful and noisy and then bizarrely the music to the Welsh national was struck up (I later found out that this music is used as the Breton national anthem but different words).

At the end of the game the Rennes players and officials came back onto the pitch on the half way line and unfurled a large banner saying 'happy 20th anniversary to the Rohazon Celtic Kop' and the players and officials then slowly walked forward carrying the banner towards the Kop, whereupon the Kop lit 20 red stadium flares, again loud and colorful and wholly impressive.

My abiding memory about the night was the obvious total respect between the club, players, officials and the fans, it was obviously a choreographed event between the club and the fans and just a little bit more respectful than quick wave and off to the hotel for a spit roast that English fans get.

With a new stadium in the offing BCFC could do worse than make contact with officials at Rennes and perhaps make visits to see how it all works, Rennes is a proper community based club to which the fans are made to feel very much part of, last night Rennes played Glasgow Celtic in the EUFA cup and the club handed out thousands of Breton flags to fans entering the ground once more the atmosphere was awesome, also helped by the thousands of Celtic fans.

post-11168-0-94925900-1319282890_thumb.j

It all looks fantastic.........and would be a great idea to replicate something similar at City. I love the red smoke flares......but I would imagine in the Health and Safety obsessed UK these would constitute a danger/hazard Blah Blah and could not be used. Shame......but characteristic of Big Brother Britain

Sounds gay. A banner does not give a stadium atmosphere. These are the 'ultras' who don't turn up to watch the football but just sing political songs, wave flares about and show big banners with random people on it. If you want to do all that, go to a carnival.

Drums ruin an atmosphere, imagine what half a dozen flares would do... It stopped the game for 10 minutes v Charlton a few years ago!

It all looks fantastic.........and would be a great idea to replicate something similar at City. I love the red smoke flares......but I would imagine in the Health and Safety obsessed UK these would constitute a danger/hazard Blah Blah and could not be used. Shame......but characteristic of Big Brother Britain

I accept about the flares, but that was just one part of the evening.

Replicating this shite is pathetic, most of it is political. And if we as supporters are so mind numbingly braindead that we cannot think of something unique that is ours than I'd rather not bother. Just look at those numpties at man city city copying another clubs way of celebrating goals. Sad sad sad. We want something that says bristol city not copy cats

Replicating this shite is pathetic, most of it is political. And if we as supporters are so mind numbingly braindead that we cannot think of something unique that is ours than I'd rather not bother. Just look at those numpties at man city city copying another clubs way of celebrating goals. Sad sad sad. We want something that says bristol city not copy cats

FFS read the post, it's not about replicating anything it's about the relationship between the fans and the club and the players.

Sounds gay. A banner does not give a stadium atmosphere. These are the 'ultras' who don't turn up to watch the football but just sing political songs, wave flares about and show big banners with random people on it. If you want to do all that, go to a carnival.

Drums ruin an atmosphere, imagine what half a dozen flares would do... It stopped the game for 10 minutes v Charlton a few years ago!

As I said I am not advocating flares or replicating anything, I am talking about the relationship between club, players and fans.

FFS read the post, it's not about replicating anything it's about the relationship between the fans and the club and the players.

Read who I was responding to and get your ffsing head out of your own arse. Numpty

Read who I was responding to and get your ffsing head out of your own arse. Numpty

Well your reasoned argument has convinced me, yes it was shit of course it was, let's just carry on with the wide chasm that exists between club/players and fans and perhaps my other thread about the wearing/supporting of non local clubs will continue, walking around Rennes you never see other clubs shirts being worn.

Well your reasoned argument has convinced me, yes it was shit of course it was, let's just carry on with the wide chasm that exists between club/players and fans and perhaps my other thread about the wearing/supporting of non local clubs will continue, walking around Rennes you never see other clubs shirts being worn.

Cleary you cannot read. So I won't bother with this conversation. What has creating something unique got to do with your response! Don't respond it wasn't a question.

My post is better than your post. I'm right and you're wrong. NO! I'M right and you're wrong!

tantrum.jpeg

I'm bigger than that, but I can stamp my feet and push my bottom lip out further.

Sorry, it just gets my back up when some one says ffs to a posting that wasn't even addressing his views, my post was purely aimed at the person I replied to not ed. I agree we ad fans and the club need to become closer, but as you can see from my post I was talking about doing something original in terms of support from the stands during a game.

What ed has got on his high horse about, only he knows.

Either way, my dad is bigger than his dad.

....hmm, a bit embarrassing when a gurt big yellow Air/Sea Rescue Helicopter turns up & lands on the centre spot though!! :farmer:

There some good things done in the EE like the mural and flags. fans and club could get together to think about how to change things.

Archived