IGNORED

Low Key (Gig)

Dorset_Cider

Will there be anyone around Radstock on the 3rd December 2011

The reason I ask is ...... if you are bored I will be playing at the 'Railway Inn' on that night.

Nothing special about that you say but on that night I'm doing a low key (so keep it to yer'self) with the 'HOTDOG JACKSON BAND'

And as a point of note the bass player for the evening will be one 'Paul Martinez' ........ who you say?

Well I never name drop but ..........

Best known for his session work with Rock Blues and Reggae artists; Jacky Edwards, Guitar Shorty, Elmer Gantry, Neil Innes, John Otway, Tony Ashton, Dave Edmunds, Geoff Downes, Richy Hayward, George Harrison, Chris Goulstone, Dave Winthrop, Vasco Rossi, Maggie Bell, Peter Gabriel, Jimi Page, Phil Collins, Vangelis, Stan Webb, Eno, Robert Plant and Johnny Warman

Yeah I know some of em are now no longer with us but 'WOW' check those names

Also Paul Martinez did play the infamous Live Aid 1985 U.S.A set with Robert Plant/ Jimmy Page and Phil Collins..... which is on YouTube but often credits John Paul Jones as the bass player (oh, an off day for Page/Plant but the bassplayer is good)

And to add another name or three ( Hot Dog himself & me)

We will be joined by none other than 'Chris Goulstone' on guitar for the evening......... 'Who' you say

Well as I said I never name drop but

Chris still enjoys collaborations with other artists - a production music album with Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thall (Guns and Roses), appearing on many Goldfrapp CDs, touring and recording with 'punk legend' Hugh Cornwell (The Stranglers).

Now look ....... you all know me Dorset_Cider (Life long Bristol City Fan) and might know Hot Dog Jackson (Rock Star)

but it's going to be free to get in unless I find out you are a gashead :) and it's going to be an interesting evening of Rock, Rockabilly, Ska, Reggae and even maybe the odd hit from the repertoire of these superstars if we can talk em in to it ;) who knows what might happen.

We are trying to get a few other stars in their own right to turn up to but maybe we have enough for now!

Mind you if you are good enough we always let people up to strut their stuff and do a number....... if we know it :)

So anyway it would be nice if you could get it there and did I mention......... it will be free to get it....... well we might put the hat round at the end though...... got any small change for a cup of cider gov?

Yes we are getting on a bit but we will be quality Sir/Madame..... deffo

So it would be nice to see you down there.......as I for one have always been 'BRISTOL CITY' but always loved my music.

PM me if you want any more info but I think it's covered here in enough detail

Oh yeah low key..... probably E flat....... so don't tell anyone I told you ;)

P.S. I'm telling you before it goes 'General Public'

UPDATE: Sorry...... Paul Martinez can no longer make it on the night :(

Just anounced!!!!!!!!!!!

Special guests are:-

James "Crun" Walter (Stackridge) on bass

Stackridge were the opening and closing act at the first Glastonbury Festival between 19 September and 20 September 1970

I told you the bass player will still be very good for our gig!

'Crun' has stepped in at short notice and Dave_Sexy (me :laugh:) commented that he is a bass player of choice due to his amazing playing style

And to add another name or three ( Hot Dog himself & Dave_Sexy)

We will be joined by none other than 'Chris Goulstone' on guitar for the evening.........

Chris enjoys collaborations with other artists - a production music album with Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thall (Guns and Roses), appearing on many Goldfrapp CDs, touring and recording with 'punk legend' Hugh Cornwell (The Stranglers).

It is free to get in at present but we still expect it to be over subscribed and very full on the night. Get there early or you just might not get in at all?

The Railway Inn, Radstock

Welton Road Radstock Somerset BA3 3RR

01761 435100

A big thank you to all that turned up on the night......... yes it was night to remember.

Sorry I did not get to talk to all of you but a special thank you goes out to the BCFC couple (sorry I did not catch your name) that talked to me about the band and the match (we were robbed!)

Crun (Stackridge) was exceptional on bass, Chris Goulstone was incredible on guitar, I was right lush on drums (so I was told) and Hotdog Jackson was ace on guitar/vocals

So pleased we did not disappoint, not that I ever thought we would

Thanks again for your support.

And not a Steps tune in sight :)

UP THE CITY!

Dorset_Cider / Hotdog Jackson

Archived