IGNORED

Would You Be Prepared To Accept Relegation If....

ashtonphil

Been thinking about this a little and wondered if the club has to go one step backwards to go two steps forward so to speak...

Were Norwich lucky or did they employ the right manager to get them where they wanted to be i.e the Premier League.

Are we prepared to go down, allow McInnes to build the team and ethos he wants at the club and then come back up stronger ready for a longer stay in the top two divisions??

I know getting out of League 1 is difficult and the financial implications are potentially massive, but maybe its what needs to happen...

I think we all accept that McInnes will be given the time necessary to build a team/squad to compete at this level, so do we need to go down to let that happen....

I don't want City to go down, nor do I think we will, but if we did (heaven forbid!!) would it be as bad as we make it out to be.....

Been thinking about this a little and wondered if the club has to go one step backwards to go two steps forward so to speak...

Were Norwich lucky or did they employ the right manager to get them where they wanted to be i.e the Premier League.

Are we prepared to go down, allow McInnes to build the team and ethos he wants at the club and then come back up stronger ready for a longer stay in the top two divisions??

I know getting out of League 1 is difficult and the financial implications are potentially massive, but maybe its what needs to happen...

I think we all accept that McInnes will be given the time necessary to build a team/squad to compete at this level, so do we need to go down to let that happen....

I don't want City to go down, nor do I think we will, but if we did (heaven forbid!!) would it be as bad as we make it out to be.....

Norwich employed the right manager...luck had no part in it (except that they got beat 7-1 by Colchester, if that can be called lucky).

If we could guarantee it then of course most would, but we can't. It took 9 years to return last time and although life would go on if we did go down, there is still a lot of football to play yet. Nothing is decided trophies, relagation or otherwise in November so lets try and keep positive its going to be tough no question, might not be a lot in it but it is very much possiable we can stay up.

The manager has had a good look, no doubt he is at Brighton tonight looking at WHU, he is beginning to understand the problems he faces, certianly in his post match comments he does and I am confident things will improve. Unfortuantely it took the club to long to admit that rot had set in and it will take a masive effort to put it right, but McInees can do it.

Plenty of teams have got promoted and have been in a similar position to us! Going down and coming back up doesn't always work! It took southampton 3 attempts its to early to say if they'll be a contender for promotion.

To be honest if Mcinnes can't keep us up with 30 games to go with the squad we have and a transfer window to deal in, he ain't the man we need! If you start the season well the championship is there for the taking ...qpr wolves in recent years!

To go down and think will bounce back stronger is just crazy ( not the original poster the idea of it) ;-)

Relagation would be disastrous,certainly would not need the stadium.

I reckon SL would walk.

Not to mention the financial situation it would put the club in.

This guy has been employed to keep city up,can he time will tell.

Hoofball ain't the way to do it though.

If the question is; If I could guarantee you that we'll go down this year but it will then be followed with back to back promotions to the PL then of course I'd say yes, who the hell would turn that down?!

I think that's a more direct way of saying it... Great Phil's think alike, or.......

Watching Brighton tonight made me think how lucky their fans are...

• One of the best stadiums in english football imo
  • Play brilliant football
  • Got some very good players
  • Good young manager

I think Brighton are the example of a club going places.

Our manager is better than Gus Poyet imo

We have some good players (Not many)

I just wish Del could be our manager in the new stadium :fingerscrossed:

Cant see it though :(

Watching Brighton tonight made me think how lucky their fans are...

• One of the best stadiums in english football imo
  • Play brilliant football
  • Got some very good players
  • Good young manager

I think Brighton are the example of a club going places.

Our manager is better than Gus Poyet imo

We have some good players (Not many)

I just wish Del could be our manager in the new stadium :fingerscrossed:

Cant see it though :(

Whilst I applaud your very upbeat nature (I too am more optimistic now Millen has departed) are you a relation of McInnes?? I'll be honest and admit I had hardly heard of the fella in managerial terms a couple of weeks ago but got swept up in the hype after delving into his managerial abilities and looking a little further at his character during his playing career. I believe he was the best man available to us, the right fit for both him and city etc. But you seem incredibly sure he's gonna have us challenging for the champions league in 4 years before going onto transform the Scottish national team into world cup winners! Ha (can't do smiley faces, but if I could I'd slip one here).

Whilst I applaud your very upbeat nature (I too am more optimistic now Millen has departed) are you a relation of McInnes?? I'll be honest and admit I had hardly heard of the fella in managerial terms a couple of weeks ago but got swept up in the hype after delving into his managerial abilities and looking a little further at his character during his playing career. I believe he was the best man available to us, the right fit for both him and city etc. But you seem incredibly sure he's gonna have us challenging for the champions league in 4 years before going onto transform the Scottish national team into world cup winners! Ha (can't do smiley faces, but if I could I'd slip one here).

If you look at what he's achieved in his short managerial career, how other managers in the game rate him and every time I listen to him in a match interview or press conferance I feel very encouraged, something I never did with Millen. He's got to have something about him.

That is a hard league to get out of look at the teams down there, there are several getting better crowds than us and we are a championship side if the unthinkable happens and we drop down there i feel we could be there for a long time again so a big fat no.

If you look at what he's achieved in his short managerial career, how other managers in the game rate him and every time I listen to him in a match interview or press conferance I feel very encouraged, something I never did with Millen. He's got to have something about him.

I dont think anyone could be as bland as Millen mate. Avram Grant appeared to have more of a character than him.

Archived