IGNORED

Stephen Pearson, Derby County Midfielder

Rudolf Hucker

Bristol City lining up Rams raid

Published 22:00 26/10/11 By Alan Nixon

New Bristol City boss Derek McInnes wants to sign Derby midfielder Stephen Pearson on loan to help his Championship strugglers.

McInnes' fellow Scot is available, and a deal could be done in time for the 29-year-old to make his Robins debut at Barnsley on Saturday.

Pearson became a Rams hero in 2007 when his play-off final goal took them into the Premier League, but he has been dogged by injuries since and would be keen on a fresh start at Ashton Gate.

Bristol City lining up Rams raid

Published 22:00 26/10/11 By Alan Nixon

New Bristol City boss Derek McInnes wants to sign Derby midfielder Stephen Pearson on loan to help his Championship strugglers.

McInnes' fellow Scot is available, and a deal could be done in time for the 29-year-old to make his Robins debut at Barnsley on Saturday.

Pearson became a Rams hero in 2007 when his play-off final goal took them into the Premier League, but he has been dogged by injuries since and would be keen on a fresh start at Ashton Gate.

Hello Stephen, welcome to the midfielders retirement home Bristol branch........................................

All this talk of players signing. I thought he was going to give everybody a chance at the club. Within a week we are linked to two or three players or is it just paper talk?

Err given we are rock bottom and Mr McInnes himself has commented on our lack of balance, I think a swift dip into the transfer market is exactly what we need if we have any hope of surviving to play in the CCC next year.

Passing/ creative midfielder and a couple of decent defenders being top o' the list!

Err given we are rock bottom and Mr McInnes himself has commented on our lack of balance, I think a swift dip into the transfer market is exactly what we need if we have any hope of surviving to play in the CCC next year.

Passing/ creative midfielder and a couple of decent defenders being top o' the list!

Agree. Makes perfect sense.

McInnes talked after the Brum game about being stuck with playing square pegs in round holes, something fans have complained about for months.

JCR is a classic case . . . played on the left (in theory, anyway) with no discernible left foot. Pearson's not getting in the Derby side so is going to be available. Hope he's match-fit if he comes here, because we ain't got time to wait for him to gain fitness.

I cant say I'm convinced,Seems was on Derby's fringes last season, and according to ESPN had 1 Goal, 4 assists playing in 30 games which include starting from the bench/ or being subbed quite a bit 19/30 games. Season before he played 21 games and before that 39 games, so has an availability record akin to KilkennyAs a loan may help stablise the side which already has Left Wingers in the form of Woolford and Bolassie, and then JCR (A left winger doesnt need to be left footed, Ive had this discussion on here before whistle.gif). People will say, they are rubbish, and the counter is that we are only 1 game in to the new guys reign, who knows what he could do with the players already here, after more than 3 days with themOr is it that he is just 'better' or, ScottishI do hope we arent going to be linked to every single Scottish player in the entire known universe because our manager is Scottish, because it will get tedious very quickly

Totally agree you don't need to be left footed to play on the left, but you do need to be able to use both feet. Otherwise you become predictable, and easy to defend against. Anybody come to mind?

Anybody who don't think we need somebody to play on the left, is clearly watching a different team than me...

I don't know if Bolasie or Woolford are the answers, but DM defiantly has more information than us.

I don't care if they are Scottish, German or from Mars. As long as they do the job required, and help take us away from the foot of the table. :fingerscrossed:

:sign09:

I cant say I'm convinced,

Seems was on Derby's fringes last season, and according to ESPN had 1 Goal, 4 assists playing in 30 games which include starting from the bench/ or being subbed quite a bit 19/30 games. Season before he played 21 games and before that 39 games, so has an availability record akin to Kilkenny

As a loan may help stablise the side which already has Left Wingers in the form of Woolford and Bolassie, and then JCR (A left winger doesnt need to be left footed, Ive had this discussion on here before whistle.gif). People will say, they are rubbish, and the counter is that we are only 1 game in to the new guys reign, who knows what he could do with the players already here, after more than 3 days with them

Or is it that he is just 'better' or, Scottish

I do hope we arent going to be linked to every single Scottish player in the entire known universe because our manager is Scottish, because it will get tedious very quickly

If and it is stil an if , we do sign him , I will judge him with my own eyes and not internet stats.

Well I live in Derby, have watched Derby a fair few times over the seasons and here's my view of Pearson.

He is left footed and does play on the left or in the centre, he can be viewed as somewhat creative too. However, he's a little lightweight and can be anonymous. He does track back too. I think he's not in Derby's team because of wages though - like Bywater, Leacock, Varney (who they have got rid of) etc from the Premier League era, they are wanted off their wage bill because they were awarded significant contracts, or so rumour has it. He's liked by a lot of Derby fans too.

Would he be good enough for us? Well, I haven't seen Woolford play, but by all accounts, he's not the best signing we've ever made, so I reckon he's better than what we've got. I'd be quite happy if we signed him on loan.

Stewart

End of the day, we need better players than we have already have in certain position's. We have to trust our new manager to fill these positions pretty quickly. We can't buy any players until January, so we are in a position where we bring in better players on loan and see if they fit in here. Perhaps in alot of occasions it's the best way of running the club in regard to bringing in players. I can think of a few players in our squad who would be back at there original club by now after a loan spell!!!

I cant say I'm convinced,

Seems was on Derby's fringes last season, and according to ESPN had 1 Goal, 4 assists playing in 30 games which include starting from the bench/ or being subbed quite a bit 19/30 games. Season before he played 21 games and before that 39 games, so has an availability record akin to Kilkenny

As a loan may help stablise the side which already has Left Wingers in the form of Woolford and Bolassie, and then JCR (A left winger doesnt need to be left footed, Ive had this discussion on here before whistle.gif). People will say, they are rubbish, and the counter is that we are only 1 game in to the new guys reign, who knows what he could do with the players already here, after more than 3 days with them

Or is it that he is just 'better' or, Scottish

I do hope we arent going to be linked to every single Scottish player in the entire known universe because our manager is Scottish, because it will get tedious very quickly

Nowhere near as tedious as giving the new manager just 6 days before slagging off someone who is only being rumoured to sign for us anyway.

I'll happy see 5 Scots in his side if we finish outside the bottom three.

Archived