IGNORED

Beware The Boro Trap

Devereux

Really positive about Delboy and hope he can do a good job for us. Seems to be highly recommended and its always nice to have a young British manager in charge.

My mate is a Boro fan and although they are doing well this season, he was really upset last season that Strachan spent all their money on unknown Scots who in the end, could not hack it in the championship.

Just a note of caution for delboy not to go down that path. I know his contacts will be predominately north of the border but lets not get too obsessed with Scots (unless they are really good!)

What Strachan did to Boro was awful......he even signed Lee Miller!!

I am resigned to it.Pearson is the latest to be linked.

Pearson is hardly an unknown Scot who wont be able to hack it in the Championship. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt he play for Derby in the Premier League. I wont be disappointed if we get him in on loan.

And we've not exactly been linked with loads of Scots since McInnes' appointment have we? The kiddy at Hearts and thats about it IIRC (I'm on about paper talk, rather than people on here linking us with players).

Del Boy is going to have a better knowledge of players up in the SPL and their equivalent of the Championship, and he's working with a lot smaller budget that Strachan did at Boro. There will be some cheap gems up there, and we have to trust McInnes if he decides to go down that route. He cant do much worse than some of his predecessors, after all. And any mistakes would be cheap ones in comparisom to signings like Nicky Hunt.

Really positive about Delboy and hope he can do a good job for us. Seems to be highly recommended and its always nice to have a young British manager in charge.

My mate is a Boro fan and although they are doing well this season, he was really upset last season that Strachan spent all their money on unknown Scots who in the end, could not hack it in the championship.

Just a note of caution for delboy not to go down that path. I know his contacts will be predominately north of the border but lets not get too obsessed with Scots (unless they are really good!)

What Strachan did to Boro was awful......he even signed Lee Miller!!

Point 1 - they were hardly unknown mate, it was a lot of Celtic players who had been succesful for them and who Strachan knew well

Point 2 - 100% with you on that!

Archived