IGNORED

Ex-City Player In Portugal

Olé

Tristan Plummer. Click on the photo for more.

Wears number 99 and scored as a sub in a league cup win.

Portimonense are in the Algarve (Portimao) and play in the second tier.

Ah right! Sorry, I blanked him out of the memory as soon as he moved across town to the squatters!

Whatever did come of Lorenco Da Silva?

As I recall, he came on loan to us from a Portuguese team, very highly rated as a youngster. If i remember correctly he scored once away at Bury?? in a 1-0 win, or was that just his debut - then i don't really recall ever hearing of him since!

Any ideas?!

His brother dwanyne played for rovers. As far as I know tristan didn't.

Oh yes, of course. Sorry my mistake! There were 3 brothers in the family who all played at one level or another i believe. Tristan, Dwayne and Twayne.

Yes, it was Tristan that was very highly regarded as a young'un and played most youth levels for England.

Oh yes, of course. Sorry my mistake! There were 3 brothers in the family who all played at one level or another i believe. Tristan, Dwayne and Twayne.

Yes, it was Tristan that was very highly regarded as a young'un and played most youth levels for England.

They all look the same dont they mate !!!

Disclaimer: Not racist , just a private joke.

Played for England U18, U17 and U16's. Obviously didnt live up to what was expected of him at City. If i remember rightly he was always touted as one of the best up and coming players our club had seen in ages and at one point Arsenal were interested in him!

and sunday league teams

Whatever did come of Lorenco Da Silva?

As I recall, he came on loan to us from a Portuguese team, very highly rated as a youngster. If i remember correctly he scored once away at Bury?? in a 1-0 win, or was that just his debut - then i don't really recall ever hearing of him since!

Any ideas?!

He was in Sporting's B team at the time (as a Benfiquista never quite sure how they find players even worse than their first team!) and went on loan to Oldham the season after ours. He then got into the Sporting first team and played in the UEFA cup and established himself in the Portuguese Under 21 side. It is to my eternal satisfaction that a player who didn't make it at Oldham was good enough for Sporting in European competiion.

But they got wise an he was loaned our to middling top tier Portuguese clubs like Belenenses (in Lisbon) and Leiria, before losing his way and moving to the Greek super league where he scored fairly well for a couple of top flight clubs, notably Panionios. By coincidence another Portuguese former City player Dani Rodrigues (he of awful injury) went to Greece some years earlier but was playing in Cyprus by the time Lourenco arrived.

According to Wikipedia, Lourenco was last seen at Alzira, a Spanish fourth division local league side near Valencia, though I have my doubts as he isn't mentioned on their site, and it seems an almighty step down.

Archived