Pitman

Stead

Elliot

Skuse

Fontaine

Gerkin

Carey (when fit)

Macca (when fit)

The rest of the team, would be picked on who wants it more.The ones that will give everything for the cause.

Scarey when you think that the above in my opinion would be the ones to stand up and be counted.

I can't even put a full eleven players together.

Adomah

Pitman

Stead

Elliot

Skuse

Fontaine

Gerkin

Carey (when fit)

The rest of the team, would be picked on who wants it more.The ones that will give everything for the cause.

Scarey when you think that the above in my opinion would stand up and be counted.

Surely the whole team should be picked on who wants it the most? Not just by name!

Adomah

Pitman

Stead

Elliot

Skuse

Fontaine

Gerkin

Carey (when fit)

Macca (when fit)

Scarey when you think that the above in my opinion would be the ones to stand up and be counted.

I can't even put a full eleven players together.

Macca and gerken??!

We'll politely agree to disagree. Too slow and one dimensional.

I would politely point out that his positional sense is excellent and has saved us on many occasions. You are correct about his lack of pace but you cant have everything, not at this level.

I would politely point out that his positional sense is excellent and has saved us on many occasions. You are correct about his lack of pace but you cant have everything, not at this level.

He roams forward, frequently gifting the other side possession and the opposition suss out almost immediately that he is pedestrian and they consequently play around him/past him knowing he cannot possibly get back in time and whoosh!!, the left sided centre-half ends up picking up two players or more often the case, continues backing off as he is unsure whether to cover for Macca or hold his own position.

This isn't a 'one-off' happening, it's a pattern. Good servant but past his best by some measure.

Christ,You really think that.Everytime he gets the ball in defence he just hoofs it foward,As if we don't do enough of that now..

And why do you think he does this? I'll give you a hint, look one post above your post.

And why do you think he does this? I'll give you a hint, look one post above your post.

Well said that man.

Maccas general alround play is decent championship level,yes he will hoof it sometimes,but you quite rightly make a point the midfield is/has been the problem.

Macca will give it his all,hence why I named him in this thread.

You can't blaim the centre midfield for the defence playing hoofball.It's not just now and again they do it it's everytime they pick the ball up.The centre midfield were decent last week.

Come off it, killa was woeful. That is 50% of your central midfield. That said I think macca may play better with some player laying deep looking for the ball. Macca is a good defender, it is what we need, not mcgivern who bombs forward and to be honest is a bit clueless with the basics of defending. Macca can defend, get someone decent in front of him and that will make a huge difference.

Come off it, killa was woeful. That is 50% of your central midfield. That said I think macca may play better with some player laying deep looking for the ball. Macca is a good defender, it is what we need, not mcgivern who bombs forward and to be honest is a bit clueless with the basics of defending. Macca can defend, get someone decent in front of him and that will make a huge difference.

Sensible and correct.

Macca has been poor for long time - the rest of the team has just caught up with him!

:laugh: I just snorted red wine through my nose reading that :) you owe I some wine Riaz :)

I do think we have been blessed with some good left backs in the past 20 years, and of course some looked like world beaters at a lower level. That hasn't helped macca win the fans over imo, because most were fast attacking full backs, which he idnt. But defensively, I think he is pretty good, when you consider the higher standard of wingers he is playing against compared to his predecessors.

Can't believe anyone thinks mcgiverns a gd player!! he is clueless with his position and gets done by any player with half a brain, at least macca would take there legs out!! :)

Ain't that the truth. Very poor defensively. The basics aren't there.

Can't believe anyone thinks mcgiverns a gd player!! he is clueless with his position and gets done by any player with half a brain, at least macca would take there legs out!! :)

Mcgivern has no positional sense, i watched a few games and am fortunate enough to have had another look back on the city player, i can tell you the guy is all over the place. when we got the lad i thought fair play, good central defender, is he crap because he is not in his native and prefered spot ? Maca for me everday, and his dead ball deliverys are better than anything playing at the moment.

:laugh: I just snorted red wine through my nose reading that :) you owe I some wine Riaz :)

I do think we have been blessed with some good left backs in the past 20 years, and of course some looked like world beaters at a lower level. That hasn't helped macca win the fans over imo, because most were fast attacking full backs, which he idnt. But defensively, I think he is pretty good, when you consider the higher standard of wingers he is playing against compared to his predecessors.

Credit where it's due, he was a quality left back when we signed him, but since the play-off final he has been terrible. Wastes possession an awful lot because it appears he thinks he can pass it like beckham.

Defensively he's been ripped to shreds countless times... especially in the last year or so.

To be fair to him he does have a good left foot and his crossing in the FINAL THIRD is very good. So I'd be happy for him to be given a chance at left mid.

But he is extremely lucky that Johnson gave him a 3yr deal just before he was sacked. Because he definately did not deserve it.

You MUST be joking

To be fair to him he does have a good left foot and his crossing in the FINAL THIRD is very good

you just admited his passing is good, kilkenny/JCR just float a hopefull ball in, at least macca hits with some pace, and his free kicks are better than anything in current playing squad !

Credit where it's due, he was a quality left back when we signed him, but since the play-off final he has been terrible. Wastes possession an awful lot because it appears he thinks he can pass it like beckham.

Defensively he's been ripped to shreds countless times... especially in the last year or so.

To be fair to him he does have a good left foot and his crossing in the FINAL THIRD is very good. So I'd be happy for him to be given a chance at left mid.

But he is extremely lucky that Johnson gave him a 3yr deal just before he was sacked. Because he definately did not deserve it.

I still think the problem is what is in front of him, he does the right thing, and pushes up, age may not help him so much now, but with a better left sided midfielder or winger macca could drop a little deeper and do what he does best.

I still think the problem is what is in front of him, he does the right thing, and pushes up, age may not help him so much now, but with a better left sided midfielder or winger macca could drop a little deeper and do what he does best.

Agree - there was another thread on here relating to the fact that we have been blessed with some quality left backs(scotty,barnard) who have all had very good left sided midfielders in front of them ala Tinman etc

Woolford recently tweeted that both him and Clarkson have travelled to Barnsley, so could see them both in the squad in some way (bench I'd imagine)

I think McAllister is better than McGivern, but only just, and neither fills me with any confidence at LB tbh, lets just hope McInnes has got them properly organised, and we can take something from the game tomorrow.

Archived