IGNORED

Electronic Music

Keepers Ball

Any of you Gents like music which is synthesiser heavy ? If so go to www.nupod.co.uk where there are weekly updates of 5 podcasts that are electronic music heavy.

Acts including the old school of Gary Numan, Depeche Mode, Human League, and newer bands like VNV Nation, Ladytron, Neurotic Fish and Bristols very own Mesh.

All styles are played from 80's to synthpop to darkwave to EBM.

Other genres are included like New wave (Siouxsie and the banshees, The Cure) Punk (sex pistols, etc) plus the latest acts like The Horrors, The Modern, White Lies and The Mirrors

All are downloadable to listen on your mp3 player or you can just listen online.

If you want to feel at home, listen to my podcast under the name of Electric Principles where you cant mistake the accent :laughcont:

To go direct to my podcast page http://shamm68.podomatic.com/

or go to www.nupod.co.uk for all podcasts

If you want updates or even make requests on facebook just search Nupod and request to join

Cheers for that, mate - don't think I've ever seen Ladytron mentioned on here by anyone apart from me! Cracking band, good looking girl singers, radio friendly tunes, been churning out great albums for over a decade and nobody's heard of 'em!

Will definitely have a listen to that later on.

BTW did you catch Numan on 6 Music the other afternoon? Stuart Maconie played him Bill Bailey's version of "Cars" in French with the car horn section. He seemd to like it.

Not so long ago I revisited my collection of Fad Gadget & John Foxx........ some of it is not strictly 'electronic' but trust me it was pretty out there at the time (80's)

I particularly like the minimalistic Metamatic (Foxx) & Fire Side Favourites(Fad Gadget). For me both fit in to electronic genre by virtue of the usage of synths.

Fad's usage of normal instruments in addition means much of his stuff does not age as badly as some synth/electronic music of the time.

Cheers for that, mate - don't think I've ever seen Ladytron mentioned on here by anyone apart from me! Cracking band, good looking girl singers, radio friendly tunes, been churning out great albums for over a decade and nobody's heard of 'em!

Will definitely have a listen to that later on.

BTW did you catch Numan on 6 Music the other afternoon? Stuart Maconie played him Bill Bailey's version of "Cars" in French with the car horn section. He seemd to like it.

Why Ladytron have never really hit the big time is something of a mystery.

Archived